2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, if he turned his ankle the only way to deal with a minor sprain is R.I.C.E., and the boot keeps him from walking on it because he does need to get places.

Zadarius was injured at one point also. Did he go back in?

My grandsons were over (8 months and 2.5 years) so I was forced into multiple baby rescues during the 4th quarter and didn’t see if Z returned. 

Memo to me: move farther away from my kids. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Absolutely a win is a win. But this team is on the cusp of being real legit if we can find a stable passing game. 

Agreed ... we had "it" for a while today, and then it was the struggle bus for three quarters offensively.  Defensively, outside of a few big plays given up, it was a really strong performance .. again.

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We averaged sub 1 points per drive for 3 quarters. I'm cool with my descriptor. 

We did close it out, but everything after the third drive was awful.

Not quite. They virtually closed out the game with a couple of first downs on that last drive. So often, teams in those situations go three-and-out. But yes, EXCEPT for that last drive, they were awful for a long time. I'm sure the offense was better statistically than it was against the Bears, but this was a less impressive performance. 

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

12, 9, 20. Whatever the number was - my eyes hurt. Did you enjoy it ?

Making things up to complain about isn't advantageous to your perspective.

I'm a Packer fan, of course I enjoyed it. The first quarter was great, the Packers won and are 2-0... Outstanding!

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It's game #2 in a new system against two of the best defenses in football. Quit with this nonsense. Good god.

Go back and read the post I responded to,

The questions was, do there need to be adjustments. Yes, there need to be adjustments. Our offense has sucked. It's sucked relative to the other offenses with new head guys, and they all have a ton less talent. 

1 minute ago, Donzo said:

I'm a Packer fan, of course I enjoyed it. The first quarter was great, the Packers won and are 2-0... Outstanding!

yep!

i got frustrated many times during the game.

but the offense is good enough to win a sb (at least, i believe we will get there), and the defense had a few lapses, but they are outstanding in general

Ryan Wood: Packers CB Jaire Alexander felt pretty damn good after today's win and defensive performance. On him and Kevin King: "He’s putting everybody on notice as well. Me and him, shoot, the best tandem in the league, I feel like. Go watch the play-by-play. We strapped them boys up."

2 minutes ago, Donzo said:

If this is the new standard, we need to go back and retroactively yank back a whole lot of complaints about McCarthy from 2011 to 2016.

Just now, Leader said:

Ryan Wood: Packers CB Jaire Alexander felt pretty damn good after today's win and defensive performance. On him and Kevin King: "He’s putting everybody on notice as well. Me and him, shoot, the best tandem in the league, I feel like. Go watch the play-by-play. We strapped them boys up."

a play that bugged me was Diggs TD... I thought Jaire got there to pick it, but he alligator armed it- dang!

1 minute ago, Donzo said:

LOL - I don't need to make things up. I have eyesight. We are a Truibusky and Cousins int's away from 0-2. Outstanding ! That won't happen against Brady

Archived