Lamar Jackson QB1

DreamKid

6 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Just the amount of receivers he connected with yesterday and the drive to close out the half speaks VOLUMES to his maturation in year 3. Kid is a STUD and we are incredibly fortunate to have him on our team. Not bad at all for a runningback, not bad at all. 🤭

Was arguably the best passing game I've seen from him. Beside his one wild throw, his second worst throw was a TD. He usually isn't that good on the run (which the media gets wrong), but his throws on the move yesterday were fantastic.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Was arguably the best passing game I've seen from him. Beside his one wild throw, his second worst throw was a TD. He usually isn't that good on the run (which the media gets wrong), but his throws on the move yesterday were fantastic.

Yeah the only 2 bad throws I saw were the first TD to Andrews (which was probably more nerves than anything) and then the cross-body throw downfield into like 4 Browns where it should've been an easy pick. I think at that point he was just trying to do something improbable though.

The rest of the day he was absolutely on point no matter where he was throwing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah the only 2 bad throws I saw were the first TD to Andrews (which was probably more nerves than anything) and then the cross-body throw downfield into like 4 Browns where it should've been an easy pick. I think at that point he was just trying to do something improbable though.

The rest of the day he was absolutely on point no matter where he was throwing it.

Classic heat check 😆

• Like 1

Of any analyst, Matt Waldman was the most "right" about Lamar. Really stood on an island ten toes down regarding Jackson's 'Brady-esque' pocket flashes and the potential Russell Wilson efficency mirroring that could take place with a little more development and the right offensive system around him. So major props to him. And let's hope he's right about our other players he was really high on - Dobbins, Boykin, etc. 

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Of any analyst, Matt Waldman was the most "right" about Lamar. Really stood on an island ten toes down regarding Jackson's 'Brady-esque' pocket flashes and the potential Russell Wilson efficency mirroring that could take place with a little more development and the right offensive system around him. So major props to him. And let's hope he's right about our other players he was really high on - Dobbins, Boykin, etc. 

Yup. I thought coming out his pocket presence and field vision were definite strengths. He could get through his progressions and had great touch on passes. His throwing mechanics in the pocket and on the run were his only true flaws as a QB prospect; not a flaw but not a strength was his arm power. With improved fundamentals he was able to correct his passing mechanics to improve his accuracy/consistency. Now he’s furthered improved his mechanics and judging from the first game his accuracy on the run has improved and he’s improved his ball speed for those passes outside the hashes. If Lamar had elite arm talent, he’d be truly unstoppable. That’s the only thing he will never bring to the table. Won’t ever have arm talent like Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes, but that never held back Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees... so no matter.

• Like 1

Lamar Jackson wins AFC Offensive Player of the Week

The third-year QB earns his sixth AFC OPotW award
lamar jackson mic drop GIF by Baltimore Ravens
https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2020/9/16/21439784/lamar-jackson-wins-afc-offensive-player-of-the-week-mark-andrews-mark-ingram-hollywood-brown

Franchise record watchlist. Lamar needs 3 more AFC POTW titles to surpass Ray Lewis (who has Eight)  and 6 more to surpass Justin Tucker (Eleven) for the most in franchise history.

Since it’s within reach for this season, I figured I’d post this to keep track.