The Haunting on the Atchafalaya Mafia - N6 Friday 10:00 pm eastern

Pickle Rick

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So you think TKN will back off his willingness to get lynched the closer we get to night?

I don’t know. I haven’t seen anything that says he has willingness to get lynched.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So do they lead the charge or do they not put themselves out there? Those are contradicting statements. 

The statements aren’t contradicting anything. You need to read better.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is a funny stance to take

How so?

26 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

He's assuming the mafia factions have a nightly kill each.

1 lynch + 1 vamp kill + 1werewolf kill + 1 witch kill + 1 alien kill = 5

12 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

judging by the way slappy's panicking it may be even better than I originally thought... perhaps the mafia factions don't even have nightly kills. but we'll find out for sure after n1.

This is my assumption. Pickle talked about finding an open set up to run...announcing there is a SK and everybodies WC but not that the scum factions have kills I'd assume there are no nightly kills other than the SK. It's basically a blend at all costs game for scum imo

22 minutes ago, The Orca said:

This is my assumption. Pickle talked about finding an open set up to run...announcing there is a SK and everybodies WC but not that the scum factions have kills I'd assume there are no nightly kills other than the SK. It's basically a blend at all costs game for scum imo

We'll not know for sure until after night 1, but if this is the case, town has a virtually nonexistent chance to lose the game if all  vengefuls continue to only self vote, at least until the sk dies.  The sk is the key because there's 9 town and only two of each mafia.  If vengefuls all follow my strategy (self and only shoot among those who didn't self vote), killing one of us is a 1 for 1 trade at worst.  Moreover,  if mafia all try to blend in,  we just continue to force nls to get sk to do our work for us. We have nine lives though and mafia has only two each,  meaning that statistically we have the odds way in our favor to win in this scenario.  The only way we muck this up is if we shoot each other. 

Now, things get a bit more complicated if vig gets shot (which would be dumb for him to not blend into vengefuls). Then we'd need to actively lynch for scum... but not before. 

If your assumption is correct, we can therefore completely break the setup.  That is, so long as vengefuls aren't so awful that they actually try to not self vote. We rapidly lose this edge if even one  vengeful shoots another

Im this confident that this is the optimal play.  Thekillernacho lock 

All fellow vengefuls should do the same and agree to ONLY shoot those who aren't self voting.  This is a nearly foolproof strategy. Don't be the idiot who gives up the town's 90+% chance to win try to lynch for scum. Because if you're wrong,  we lose two town, and that's the only way we lose. 

If sk dies or it turns out that the three mafia can kill, we will need to reevaluate . Not before though

13 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

All fellow vengefuls should do the same and agree to ONLY shoot those who aren't self voting.  This is a nearly foolproof strategy. Don't be the idiot who gives up the town's 90+% chance to win try to lynch for scum. Because if you're wrong,  we lose two town, and that's the only way we lose. 

If sk dies or it turns out that the three mafia can kill, we will need to reevaluate . Not before though

The theory that you have the game figured out on Day 1, a full 48 hours before nightfall, and expect everyone to just roll over and follow blindly is astounding to me.

I am the 10-% that you speak of, because I am not going to self vote. I recommend you kill me because that theory doesn’t fly for me. 

What happens in the event of a tie? Voting patterns are a great way to get a read on someone’s alignement and you are giving EVERYONE an out by saying vote for yourself. Don’t do anything else...

Matts has my vote today. Change my mind.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

The theory that you have the game figured out on Day 1, a full 48 hours before nightfall, and expect everyone to just roll over and follow blindly is astounding to me.

I am the 10-% that you speak of, because I am not going to self vote. I recommend you kill me because that theory doesn’t fly for me. 

What happens in the event of a tie? Voting patterns are a great way to get a read on someone’s alignement and you are giving EVERYONE an out by saying vote for yourself. Don’t do anything else...

A tie is a no lynch. Which means sk gets to kill. 

Read my post again. If mafia doesn't have a kill,  we have a virtually nonexistent chance to lose by doing this.  If they do, we'll reevaluate after day 1.

Open setups are more reliant on mechanics than scum hunting by their very nature.  And complaining that we'll get less reads this way is ironic considering you said vengeful kills are "random" earlier.  Either way, I disagree.  Mafia basically have to hard fight this strategy so we'll get some good reads today regardless

On 9/11/2019 at 10:06 PM, Pickle Rick said:

If Lynch voting ends in a tie we will have a 15 minute overtime.  (10pm Night deadline = 10:15pm OT Deadline)

1. You may continue to vote for any player during OT, not just the players tied for the lead.
  2. If there is a second tie after the 15 minutes there will be no lynch and the night phase will begin

So you are suggesting a constant tie through and throughout the entirety of the game?

56 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

A Lock 2 days early seems excessive. 

38 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

If you are speaking to me, Im not going to change your mind off of a pregame joke banter. If thats what you base your vote on, youre being dumb.