What we should do if Mitch is not the guy

WindyCity

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

You just said it's apparent Trubisky is toast after 2 games. It's one thing to say you hope he isn't toast or it's beginning to look like he's toast, but you just said that it IS apparent that he's toast

And what's wrong with that, what's your take? The only other explanation I might kind of understand is that Nagy is not allowing him to be the type of QB that has made him successful in the past.

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

And what's wrong with that, what's your take? The only other explanation I might kind of understand is that Nagy is not allowing him to be the type of QB that has made him successful in the past.

He's struggling early in the season and Nagy is saying all the right things to the media

That's my take. It is not apparent by any means that his confidence is "toast" and that truly calls for the operation of his mind

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

He's struggling early in the season and Nagy is saying all the right things to the media

That's my take. It is not apparent by any means that his confidence is "toast" and that truly calls for the operation of his mind

My counter would be that he should not be struggling. 

19 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

That isn't the argument. You said you know his confidence is shot. There's literally no way of knowing that

It also doesn't seem to be the case. Something may be wrong, or going wrong, but a QB with broken confidence usually makes a ton of costly mistakes. 

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Trade for Carr plz.

We will need that first round pick back to get this conversation going. You'll have to take Chase Daniel to make it work capwise for the Bears too. Switch it to OAK's 1st and you can have Kyle Long too. lol

Actually just took a peek and that would work too. $5 mil dead cap to cut Carr next year? I'd totally eat that contract for a 1st. lol 

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This was a positive data point for him.

He played a good game.

He did what I expect a good QB to do against a bad defense. Without the pick it would be what I expect a great QB to do and even on the pick Long was getting pancaked into his legs.

I think that’s being a bit generous. He had a few good throws and a few errant throws. He wasn’t asked to do much. IIRC his average depth of target is among the lowest in the NFL.

Overall that’s the kind of QB play you expect from any average starter.