What we should do if Mitch is not the guy

WindyCity

18 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't disagree but what will constantly complaining do? This is Mitch's job for, at worst, 14 more games. All we can do is sit back and hope it gets better but to post every day 10 times a day about how concerning it is just seems overbearing to me.

What does constantly stanning for him do? We need to be realistic about where we sit in terms of the QB and what it means for this year and beyond.

He is the biggest issue with the team, at the most important position, and most of the "growth" we were suppose to see from this team was tied to the offense and the QB. Honestly, nothing else really matters.

We were relying on him to get over he hump and go from being a playoff team to a contender, instead his brutal play has us questioning whether this is a playoff team or not.

This is also the "Mitch isn't good enough" thread, which seems like an appropriate place for this discussion.

Edited by WindyCity

Serious question: At this moment is Mitch Trubisky the worst starting player on the Bears?

The only person who I can think of as competing with him is Charles Leno who is having a brutal start to the season. Maybe someone at TE, but Burton is a health issue not a talent issue.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Serious question: At this moment is Mitch Trubisky the worst starting player on the Bears?

The only person who I can think of as competing with him is Charles Leno who is having a brutal start to the season. Maybe someone at TE, but Burton is a health issue not a talent issue.

Shaheen, if you consider him a starter. He blows

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

What does constantly stanning for him do? We need to be realistic about where we sit in terms of the QB and what it means for this year and beyond.

He is the biggest issue with the team, at the most important position, and most of the "growth" we were suppose to see from this team was tied to the offense and the QB. Honestly, nothing else really matters.

We were relying on him to get over he hump and go from being a playoff team to a contender, instead his brutal play has us questioning whether this is a playoff team or not.

This is also the "Mitch isn't good enough" thread, which seems like an appropriate place for this discussion.

Who's constantly stanning? I feel like every throw is magnified and this thread goes up in flames because of it. Nobody thinks he's had a good start to the year. NOBODY. But keep beating the dead horse

29 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Yes he probably is as of right now. I didn't think Leno had a bad game vs Denver but he was visibly bad in week 1 along with the rest of the o-line.

Serious question for you:  Which position is the hardest to play in the NFL?  If you said QB you guessed right.

I'm not saying that means we shouldn't demand and expect better from his play but I'm not exactly surprised that a guy with his background is still wildly inconsistent going into his 3rd season as a starting NFL QB.  This guy was a long term project from day 1.  While I agree with you that the signs have been discouraging at certain points I still see enough positives to have faith that he can work out given a little more time and patience.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Yes he probably is as of right now. I didn't think Leno had a bad game vs Denver but he was visibly bad in week 1 along with the rest of the o-line.

Serious question for you:  Which position is the hardest to play in the NFL?  If you said QB you guessed right.

I'm not saying that means we shouldn't demand and expect better from his play but I'm not exactly surprised that a guy with his background is still wildly inconsistent going into his 3rd season as a starting NFL QB.  This guy was a long term project from day 1.  While I agree with you that the signs have been discouraging at certain points I still see enough positives to have faith that he can work out given a little more time and patience.

My issue with the "project" part of it is that you took a project because he had the highest upside, but he clearly does not.

So now we are waiting, wasting the defense, so that a guy can take a long time to develop into a lower ceiling QB?

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

My issue with the "project" part of it is that you took a project because he had the highest upside, but he clearly does not.

So now we are waiting, wasting the defense, so that a guy can take a long time to develop into a lower ceiling QB?

I don't know how you can determine what his ceiling will be.  It's all a guessing game right now.

The guy definitely has potential he just needs everything to start clicking at some point.  Whether or not that happens we will eventually find out. 

I just think it's still way early to write him off as just an average to below average NFL QB. 

8 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

24 TD's(plus another 4 rushing), 12 INT's, 67% completion percentage in 2018 #trash

Trash is a bit harsh but Trubisky wasn't as good as those numbers indicate in 2018. He had two games against Tampa and Detroit with 9 TD's and 0 INT's in those games. All other games it was 15 TD passes and 12 INT's which is very average. Trubisky flashes good play at times but he is more known for not being consistent which is why the Bears offense is up and down.

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

It's a little better than that for a 2nd year guy's first year in a new scheme...we need to show patience here.

I agree with being patient with Trubisky but he wasn't as good as the numbers he finished with in 2018. 

32 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

Trash is a bit harsh but Trubisky wasn't as good as those numbers indicate in 2018. He had two games against Tampa and Detroit with 9 TD's and 0 INT's in those games. All other games it was 15 TD passes and 12 INT's which is very average. Trubisky flashes good play at times but he is more known for not being consistent which is why the Bears offense is up and down.

This is such a dumb argument because you can play it both ways. He had two games against Minnesota and the Rams with 2 TD's and 5 INT's in those game. All the other games it was 22 TD's and 7 INT's which is well above average. Cherry picking stats doesn't help anything.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

This is such a dumb argument because you can play it both ways. He had two games against Minnesota and the Rams with 2 TD's and 5 INT's in those game. All the other games it was 22 TD's and 7 INT's which is well above average. Cherry picking stats doesn't help anything.

Helps his argument? Apparently? :D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This season you are correct. It is ride or die with 10.

But in the offseason that is totally different. With this defense the Bears would be better off with a lower ceiling QB that can consistently execute the offense. There is nothing more pointless than holding on to someone you know can't get the job done and without a major improvement this season that is what Trubisky will be.

With limited cap space and no 1st round pick who is coming in here and being better?

35 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

With limited cap space and no 1st round pick who is coming in here and being better?

If Mitch is going to turn out to be as bad as the naysayers are projecting...then there are several better options on the table, provided Pace doesn't get too cute. Second round options, or trade up, etc.  And a draft pick doesn't take up a lot of cap space. Also, Alex Smith (who has been cited, for example) won't command all that much money, and Mitch will be shown the door anyway. 

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Serious question--who cares?

Is God Almighty going to come down and fix this problem (if it indeed is one) for us?

• Like 1