Around the league discussion

candyman93

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m convinced you can run any scheme imaginable in the nfl as long as you have phenomenal personnel for it.

Of course you can.

That's why schemes are stupid.

Making games plans and play selection to negate opponents strengths and optimize the talent you have is the best approach, like the Hoodie does.

There is no winning one-scheme-fits-all.

There only is hitting what's pitched.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m watching the Ravens game and getting more and more pissed at Baker.

We should have won last week, but Bakers awareness and accuracy is God awful right now. If Baker wasn’t a former #1 pick who had a good year last year, he’d be benched right now.

Everyone on the team sucks right now. You'd think OBJ doesnt know how to run routes or catch. You'd think the entire offense doesn't know the rules based on how many illegal formations we get. All signs point to Freddie being an idiot. Everythings going wrong even from people more established than Baker. This is a coaching issue.

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We should have won last week, but Bakers awareness and accuracy is God awful right now. If Baker wasn’t a former #1 pick who had a good year last year, he’d be benched right now.

Yes, we should have.

Baker didn't come ready to play this year.

Hope he learns from it.

• Like 1

I’m not saying Browns SHOULD beat the Pats next week but if they want to actually make a run at the playoffs and not resign to being a dumpster fire it starts With a win in Foxborough. I don’t see 10-6 after a 2-5 start. To get to the playoffs they will most likely have to go 10-6 and beat the Ravens again.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Yes, we should have.

Baker didn't come ready to play this year.

Hope he learns from it.

I’ve seen guys have success with bad offensive lines.

If Baker needs elite receivers, runningbacks, and a elite offensive line, I question if he’s a franchise QB.

I also blame Freddie. What a **** show those 2 have been.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Yeah, I agree. I felt the same watching that game, hell most other games you see how a good game plan can help mask your team's weaknesses and set them up for success.

I think right now it's a combo of both Baker and Kitchens. Baker really looks like he regressed, as in it doesn't seem like he studied during off season. Kitchens looks unprepared as well with all the penalties and how the Browns have looked so unprepared a few weeks. 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If Baker needs elite receivers, runningbacks, and a elite offensive line, I question if he’s a franchise QB.

I really hope he doesn't have that goldilocks QB ceiling. I don't have the energy to hope for a Franchise QB anymore after the debacle that was the greatest multi-year tank money ball rebuild in the history of sports.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

You will have to forgive me for not being overly impressed with the Ravens.  Did they win, yes they did and I give them credit for that but the way they won is unsustainable, especially in the playoffs.   Lamar Jackson going 9-20 passing for 143 yards in the game and having 14 carries for 116 yards just isn't going to cut it in the NFL long term in my opinion. One day, Jackson is going to get broken during one of his runs.

Peace!!!