Around the league discussion

candyman93

Sometimes after a bad game it's good to watch great offensive football played by other teams.

Andy Reid and Bienemy's offensive play design and flow in the play-calling is a thing of beauty. The puzzles pieces all fit together from one down to the next. When there are gadget plays they are meaningful mis-direction called at times in response or anticipation to the defenses moves/reaction. They're not just calling gadgets just to call them.

Even with Matt LaFleur in this game I've counted 8 plays between GB and KC's offenses where they scheme favorable match-ups be it WR on LBs or RBs on LBs on the outside and then took advantage of that match-up and the numbers game.

Reid/Bienemy are on another level as they then run false looks off those play designs and keep the defense on their heels. It's a different brand of football and it's not disjointed like ours.

Football can be beautiful to watch offense-wise when there is purpose and flow to playcalls and execution.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Sometimes after a bad game it's good to watch great offensive football played by other teams.

Andy Reid and Bienemy's offensive play design and flow in the play-calling is a thing of beauty. The puzzles pieces all fit together from one down to the next. When there are gadget plays they are meaningful mis-direction called at times in response or anticipation to the defenses moves/reaction. They're not just calling gadgets just to call them.

Even with Matt LaFleur in this game I've counted 8 plays between GB and KC's offenses where they scheme favorable match-ups be it WR on LBs or RBs on LBs on the outside and then took advantage of that match-up and the numbers game.

Reid/Bienemy are on another level as they then run false looks off those play designs and keep the defense on their heels. It's a different brand of football and it's not disjointed like ours.

Football can be beautiful to watch offense-wise when there is purpose and flow to playcalls and execution.

I 100% agree and I think it's why I'm so frustrated when I watch our offense. I don't feel like it has an identity outside of when we hand the ball to Chubb and just watch him work.

There are teams with lesser weapons than us and yet still find creative ways to get them open, even with mediocre Olines. I don't want to beat on Freddie too much, but the man accepted the responsibilities of being the HC and OC, so yeah, he should get the majority of the blame for our offense looking vanilla at times and our players committing so many penalties. Great leaders know when to delegate / ask for help and it seems Freddie is too stubborn to try to tackle being a HC first and then eventually move on to play calling duties once the team is firing on all cylinders and he has a better grasp of things.

• Like 2

I’m not in the business of making up rumors.  So this is just speculation on my part, but if we have a 6 and 10 or 7 and 9 type of season, and Odell Beckham isn’t having a great time here, I would not be the least bit surprised to see him one and done here and us get some of that value back in the off-season. I’m not saying I’m rooting for that, just something to keep an eye on for me. He has one touchdown and less than 500 yards on the season, and we aren’t winning in a smaller market that he is not used to. Just throwing it out there. 

Edited by NateDawg

Maybe a change of scenery will do him good, but Leonard Williams really isn't that great - seems like he's still living off the hype he received as a prospect. He's not a bad player, but he's nothing great either. There's a good chance a team will drastically overpay him when his contract is up, and I don't want that team to be us. Especially when we have our own players to extend and may need to spend some money fixing our OL.