Around the league discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Tbh Chad Thomas was the real crook at DE, putting Nassib on the outs. 

On the flip side, Vernon probably hasn’t been more effective than what we could have gotten out of Avery, at least getting after the QB. 

Vernon has been better against the tun than what nassib, ogbah and avery would have been. That is what i tell myself. 

Id still rather ogbah, nassib, avery, than vernon, chad,  smith. 

All three are on rookie contracts, it would save 16 million per year.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

I never realized how many former Browns are on the Texans: Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson, Darren Fells, Tashaun Gipson, Brien Boddy-Calhoun, Philip Gaines, Barkevious Mingo, Mike Adams, Rod Johnson... How many of those guys actually play on Sundays?

Let’s ask our resident expert.

@ET80

giphy.gif 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Let’s ask our resident expert.

@ET80

giphy.gif 

giphy.gif

I have arrived!

Ok, onto the Q...

1. Hyde: Every day starter. He's revitalized his career here, might be our guy next season when Lamar Miller's contract is up.

2. Duke: Every day rotational starter. We're starting to figure out how to use him more in the offense, and he's getting more and more run as our satellite back.

3. Fells: Every day starter, currently leads all TEs in TD catches. Deshaun Watson loves throwing to him in key situations and in the RZ.

4. Gipson: Starter, but has missed the last two weeks with a shoulder injury. He was doing everything the Honey Badger did for the Texans last season, at half the price. I like the signing a lot.

5. BBC: Cut on the last day of pre-season, but brought in after a rash of injuries at the position.

5. Gaines: One of said injuries at CB. Turned his ankle a few weeks back (nasty looking injury, actually) placed on IR.

7. Mingo: ST guy, doesn't really get snaps on defense. Might get some soon given the need for pass rushers with JJ Watt out for the year.

8. Adams: Signed after the Gipson injury, played a lot in London, didn't really stand out much.

9. Johnson: Started in lieu of Tytus Howard, and he didn't let Deshaun Watson die out there. For a while, he looked like the best LT on the team (Matt Kalil was pretty damn bad out there...)

So, outside of BBC and Gaines - pretty all of these guys are getting a lot of play.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

giphy.gif

I have arrived!

Ok, onto the Q...

1. Hyde: Every day starter. He's revitalized his career here, might be our guy next season when Lamar Miller's contract is up.

2. Duke: Every day rotational starter. We're starting to figure out how to use him more in the offense, and he's getting more and more run as our satellite back.

3. Fells: Every day starter, currently leads all TEs in TD catches. Deshaun Watson loves throwing to him in key situations and in the RZ.

4. Gipson: Starter, but has missed the last two weeks with a shoulder injury. He was doing everything the Honey Badger did for the Texans last season, at half the price. I like the signing a lot.

5. BBC: Cut on the last day of pre-season, but brought in after a rash of injuries at the position.

5. Gaines: One of said injuries at CB. Turned his ankle a few weeks back (nasty looking injury, actually) placed on IR.

7. Mingo: ST guy, doesn't really get snaps on defense. Might get some soon given the need for pass rushers with JJ Watt out for the year.

8. Adams: Signed after the Gipson injury, played a lot in London, didn't really stand out much.

9. Johnson: Started in lieu of Tytus Howard, and he didn't let Deshaun Watson die out there. For a while, he looked like the best LT on the team (Matt Kalil was pretty damn bad out there...)

So, outside of BBC and Gaines - pretty all of these guys are getting a lot of play.

We're definitely missing Fells. Isn't spectacular by any means but is just really reliable.

I wonder what happened to BBC though. He was looking like an up-and-coming NB at one point for us and then kind of got lost in the shuffle last season and didn't make much of an impact.

As for Hyde, I'm glad he's doing well. He wasn't bad for us - he just wasn't particularly good either and we had to trade him since Hue and/or Haley were too stubborn to give Chubb playing time over him.

• Like 1