Around the league discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Why not just throw in a back up linemen or a defensive lineman?

why waste an active roster spot on a guy who isn’t a huge part of the scheme

I want a full back as a huge part of our scheme. 

we think we’re the Chiefs when we should think like we’re the Vikings 

we should think run first play action. A full back I think would work really well with Chubb throughout the game 

42 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Baker was my choice in that draft class. Lamar was my strong second choice.

once the Ravens took him I tried to convince myself he was a bad pick but he wasn’t 

I tried to talk myself into the idea of drafting Barkley and Lamar Jackson that draft as well. That be a dangerous backfield

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I want a full back as a huge part of our scheme. 

we think we’re the Chiefs when we should think like we’re the Vikings 

we should think run first play action. A full back I think would work really well with Chubb throughout the game 

I dont want a FB because I think that just limits things. I just want a stud H-Back type guy. Dude who could be a TE or FB. A guy who could be a lead blocker on an iso, a dude who could seal the edge while being lined up in the slot, and dude who can catch the ball. Would love a guy like Max Williams as a FA this offseason

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

We have the best Hback in the NFL apart from Kyle jswuscheck, Kareem Hunt. 

I still think Kareem is a RB and we should use him as such. He should have a full back paving the way for him too 

just checked teams with full backs

Chiefs, 49ers, Seahawks, Vikings, Packers, Saints, Cowboys, Ravens, Bills 

the majority of playoff teams are playing with a fullback 

I just don’t get why we are so stubborn or feel like we know something the rest of the NFL doesn’t. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I still think Kareem is a RB and we should use him as such. He should have a full back paving the way for him too 

I just don’t get why we are so stubborn or feel like we know something the rest of the NFL doesn’t. 

They arent easy to find for one thing, peiple dont beckme fullbacks any more. Our fullback search has failed Since vickers pretty much, malcom johnson sucked, marecic was the worst. 

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

KC 8% Seattle 3% GB 19% Dal 10% NO 24% 
Buf 19% 

FBs are no where near a huge aspect of their offenses. 49ers it is, that’s just the way the 9ers run their offense and it helps having one of the best FBs. 

there is no correlation to success and FB usage A lot of times they are used in goal line packages and you can easily use a back lineman for that

I always knew one day Lamar Jackson would get to the point he's at now, but never ever did I think he'd do so by year 2.

When everyone was he-he-ing and talking about how Lamar was going to be terrible because of his rookie year, I warned those people that Lamar's work ethic and competitiveness are elite and he's going to be a problem.

The scariest thing about Lamar Jackson is that he's not even close to being as refined and improved of a passer as he's going to become. There are more levels for him to get to and there's no doubt  that he's going to put in the work to do so.

No matter what his play-style is unsustainable and at some point he's going to be injured and miss a lot of time, but by that time he may have already got an MVP and a super bowl so it won't really matter all that much.

The Ravens have tons of hidden holes on defense and a few on offense. As they get better as a team, so will we have to in order to make sure we stay competitive.

It's going to be the Browns and Ravens battling for the top spot for many years to come.

Edited by Mind Character

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Shut. The. ****. Up. 

No you didn’t.

I think teams should just accept him running. Instead of not rushing him and giving him 8 seconds to wait until Andrews gets separation I would pressure him early and often and take the passing game out of it. If he beats you running 20 times a game so be it. He will run either way. I'd prefer to make them one dimensional and let him take 25 hits per game and see how long he holds up as opposed to how teams are defending them now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think teams should just accept him running. Instead of not rushing him and giving him 8 seconds to wait until Andrews gets separation I would pressure him early and often and take the passing game out of it. If he beats you running 20 times a game so be it. He will run either way. I'd prefer to make them one dimensional and let him take 25 hits per game and see how long he holds up as opposed to how teams are defending them now.

Completely agree.

Make him pick his poison and take the hits.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2019 at 6:20 PM, buno67 said:

I dont want a FB because I think that just limits things. I just want a stud H-Back type guy. Dude who could be a TE or FB. A guy who could be a lead blocker on an iso, a dude who could seal the edge while being lined up in the slot, and dude who can catch the ball. Would love a guy like Max Williams as a FA this offseason

I agree with this thought especially since Hunt can block so well from the backfield already. We have a guy who literally tells the defense what type of play is coming? You're never going to find a guy who can be a lead blocker and be a threat in the slot though. There is no such human on this planet. If you find a good H-Back that can be a lead blocker and line up at TE/wing then you are doing great.

Rashod Berry of Ohio State and Carl Tucker of North Carolina are two guys who block very well who would be a great addition in the late rounds or as a undrafted free agent. Both would be better blockers day one than Brown, Carlson, Slicky Rick and honestly maybe even Njoku who has never impressed as a blocker.