How bad are the Miami Dolphins?

Bolts223

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

If I’m Miami, I’d draft a bunch of offensive linemen and see what you have in Rosen. If you draft Tua, you will kill him.

I agree. If the Dolphins do get the #1 pick, they should either take a can't miss prospect elsewhere or trade back for picks to someone else who wants Tua. (Could see franchises like Denver/Tennessee/Tampa giving up a decent amount of draft capital for him since they all might all want to consider moving on from their current QB situations.)

If they are awful next year (Which they are very likely to be) and get #1 again, they can get a generational talent in Trevor Lawrence. But I think they should really focus on just acquiring talent.

3 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I don't really think the Ravens are that great of a team. Are they a good team? Yes. But they have to show me a lot more before I consider them one of the best teams in the league. They barely got by the Cardinals today.

So who do you classify as the “good” teams and who do you classify as the “great” teams then?

And explain why and what they’ve proven to earn those distinctions.

Edited by diamondbull424

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

So who do you classify as the “good” teams and who do you classify as the “great” teams then?

And explain why and what they’ve proven to earn those distinctions.

Good team = Playoff Contender

Great team = Super Bowl contender, team that is likely to be contending for HFA, etc.

The Ravens fall into the first category.

The Patriots fall into that second category.

Edited by Bolts223

People acting like the dolphins are one of the worst teams ever when they've been this bad for YEARS. The only difference is they don't have a decent coach to prop them up anymore and didn't spend money on $$$ with hope they can turn it around. 

So I don't think that the Patriots actually played all that well today.

• That was their B- game that won 43-0

The Ravens also let up big time in that 59-10 win.

• RG3 played the entire 4th quarter

They Dolphins were a 2-14 team before they had a fire sale of Tunsil, Stills, Alanso, and others.

• They are the worst team to take the field in the last 10 years in my opinion.
    • The Browns may have been 0-16 but they were a -176 points over 16 games. 
    • The Dolphins are only -84 points away from that after 2 games.

Football Outsiders is going to be fun this week to see just how historically awful their DVOA is after 2 games.

• Last year's Bills and Lions were actually worse after 1 week but they both lost competitive games in week 2 last year

12 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I agree. If the Dolphins do get the #1 pick, they should either take a can't miss prospect elsewhere or trade back for picks to someone else who wants Tua. (Could see franchises like Denver/Tennessee/Tampa giving up a decent amount of draft capital for him since they all might all want to consider moving on from their current QB situations.)

If they are awful next year (Which they are very likely to be) and get #1 again, they can get a generational talent in Trevor Lawrence. But I think they should really focus on just acquiring talent.

Lol.

We’ve made that mistake once already with Jake Long over Matt Ryan. Easy for teams that have had a franchise QB for a decade+ to say “just acquire talent” or “go with the can’t miss prospect”. How well did that go for thw Browns for all those years?

None of that matters if you don’t have a franchise QB. Miami is drafting a QB with their top pick, this isn’t up for debate.

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Nothing has ever been wrong on the internet before. I dont know why it would change now. 

I KNEW IT

“Zeke might be a total jackarse off the field. But the man sees the field so well. He cuts into traffic because he see the angles. The spins to keep hands off get him another yard or two often. He is really incredible. “ 

@Malfatron with the assist on this one. 

17 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Good team = Playoff Contender

Great team = Super Bowl contender, team that is likely to be contending for HFA, etc.

The Ravens fall into the first category.

The Patriots fall into that second category.

I said “teams” for each category and why. You are evading the question. Who are the other “great” teams and the other “good” teams.

Playoff contender or SB contender or not, who are the teams that fit in both categories?

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

I said “teams” for each category and why. You are evading the question. Who are the other “great” teams and the other “good” teams.

Playoff contender or SB contender or not, who are the teams that fit in both categories?

Great teams: Pats, Chiefs, Rams, Saints (At least before Brees went down, probably not anymore)

Good teams: Bears, Ravens, Chargers, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans, etc