Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

On 9/26/2019 at 6:28 PM, Illadelegend215 said:

Lmao, I saw Viking age ask to trade Stefon Diggs for Ramsey? We already barely can pass now, now we trade our best receiver to leave our second best in double coverage? How stupid is that? We already have one of the top defenses in the nfl, wtf would we sacrifice offense to strengthen an already top flight defense? 

Stefon Diggs is maybe a top 15 WR, and maybe even the 2nd best WR on his own team. Jalen Ramsey is THE best CB in the NFL, full stop. If that trade is there to take, you take it - period. Diggs would have to be part of a package including a few picks to even begin discussions for Ramsey (Diggs and a 2nd + 3rd, maybe).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pwny said:

Keep buying into the lack of context. There's a reason not a single Jaguars fan on here is saying Jalen has been a problem, despite every one of us knowing he's going to be gone.

But I'm sure you reading that little glimpse of the timeline told you everything you needed to know and he's actually the bad guy in spite of what everyone who has watched him for years is saying. Every single Jaguars fan in here has reason to take the franchise's side over Jalen's, knowing Jalen is going to be gone. And yet they're not doing it the way Pittsburgh fans did with Bell and AB, or Raiders fans did with AB (and even a few did with Mack), or any other public break up across the league. Why do you think that is?

why dony you enlighten us? right now ramsey seems like a sensituve brat cause coughlin dinmdnt greet him on his knees. what was done to him, he didnt get to play in the scheme he wanted?

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

why dony you enlighten us? right now ramsey seems like a sensituve brat cause coughlin dinmdnt greet him on his knees. what was done to him, he didnt get to play in the scheme he wanted?

If you had read the thread, you’d see I already had done so.

You can start there though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pwny said:

If you had read the thread, you’d see I already had done so.

You can start there though. 

So you based your entore reasoning on 3rd and 4th hand rumors, guys complaining about not getting paid and 1 or 2 saying they werent "respected". I was expecting legitimate, attributable problems. Can you explain what "respected" means? Is it just not getting paid what you want and coughlin not sugar coating it? These are grown men, if you cant handle being told no you have some growing up to do in my book.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Stefon Diggs is maybe a top 15 WR, and maybe even the 2nd best WR on his own team. Jalen Ramsey is THE best CB in the NFL, full stop. If that trade is there to take, you take it - period. Diggs would have to be part of a package including a few picks to even begin discussions for Ramsey (Diggs and a 2nd + 3rd, maybe).

No thanks.  I understand what you are saying, but Diggs adds more to our team than Ramsey could, IMO, even though he is a great player.  We already have an excellent stable of cornerbacks and only two good wide receivers.  I just don't see a trade of Diggs plus a few picks for Ramsey making us a better team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

No thanks.  I understand what you are saying, but Diggs adds more to our team than Ramsey could, IMO, even though he is a great player.  We already have an excellent stable of cornerbacks and only two good wide receivers.  I just don't see a trade of Diggs plus a few picks for Ramsey making us a better team.

Exactly. I can see that. It’s the law of diminishing return. Just because Ramsey is the top corner for one team, doesn’t mean he would be a schematic fit and even if he is it doesn’t mean his improvement to your defense replaces the loss provided by his leaving your offense.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not sure, still evaluating but as of now No

Darby, Mills, Maddox so multiple CB are needed!

Well, one thing- your team is so loaded in other places, I can see how, with that weird bunch of injuries, a star CB might be the one missing piece.

And whatever Ramsey's transgressions, I can understand why Eagles' fan would want him. Read the following elsewhere this morning, an excerpt from an article detailing "takeways" from the Eagles' win over the Packers and Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau Filed (tried to keep this copy to a reasonable length):

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/9/27/20886651/eagles-packers-final-score-philadelphia-green-bay-carson-wentz-jordan-howard-avonte-maddox-sendejo

The Eagles could really use Jalen Ramsey

Again, the Eagles have just TWO healthy corners on their roster right now. They need help. Acquring Ramsey wouldn’t just give the Eagles a much-needed body; he’d provide a big boost to a struggling secondary. 

Acquiring Ramsey won’t be cheap, especially given that the Eagles have even less leverage due to the corner injuries. The Jaguars know the Eagles really need him.

But what are the Eagles’ alternatives here? They’re not great, that’s what.

Edited by bzane

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Exactly. I can see that. It’s the law of diminishing return. Just because Ramsey is the top corner for one team, doesn’t mean he would be a schematic fit and even if he is it doesn’t mean his improvement to your defense replaces the loss provided by his leaving your offense.

We are a run first team, but in the hypothetical we trade Diggs, we would have only one NFL caliber receiver. Theilen would receive double coverage most plays AND the box would also be stacked most plays. Our entire offense would be shot.

Meanwhile Ramsey would be a great corner in a defense that over the years has already seen great corner play, and it isn’t a massive X-factor for us (I’d say safeties and Barr’s OLB position are). So our defense isn’t going to get leagues better.

Not to mention Diggs isn’t, nor ever has been, a team distraction. And we highly value team cohesion. We’ve kept the nucleus (and more) of our team together for a long time and all of our most important players are locked up in long contracts. We aren’t going to just start trading key players and trading for disgruntled players to ruin all the cohesion we’ve been working on for years.

Diggs for Ramsey straight up is a big no thanks for me.

Edited by Duluther
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

We are a run first team, but in the hypothetical we trade Diggs, we would have only one NFL caliber receiver. Theilen would receive double coverage most plays AND the box would also be stacked most plays. Our entire offense would be shot.

Meanwhile Ramsey would be a great corner in a defense that over the years has already seen great corner play, and it isn’t a massive X-factor for us (I’d say safeties and Barr’s OLB position are). So our defense isn’t going to get leagues better.

Not to mention Diggs isn’t, nor ever has been, a team distraction. And we highly value team cohesion. We’ve kept the nucleus (and more) of our team together for a long time and all of our most important players are locked up in long contracts. We aren’t going to just start trading key players and trading for disgruntled players to ruin all the cohesion we’ve been working on for years.

Diggs for Ramsey straight up is a big no thanks for me.

Looks like it's a bad fit both ways if you wouldn't part with Diggs for him then. As stated, no way we'd do that straight up.

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

I read an article posted on a Vikings site about potentially trading Diggs for Jalen. Everyone in the comments hated it, even in a straight up deal.

Seemed like they at least felt competitive with Theilen and Diggs, but don’t like any of their pass catchers behind them and don’t see the point in making a trade that (they felt like) would  cripple their offense.

That was my interpretation of the comments anyways. They definitely didn’t like the idea of a trade.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Ramsey is pretty overrated to me and I don't think he is THAT good however he is a better corner than Diggs is a WR and corner is a MUCH more valuable position than wide receiver. If you are the Vikings you have to do that regardless of your offensive weapons. 

No. Football and team building is way more complicated than that.