2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

11 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Everyone knows the Pro Bowl is a joke, but did you know that Garett Bolles graded out better than any AFC Pro Bowl OT last season? He’s a real decent player, and they absolutely should pick up that option at roughly $10M.

EDIT: I forgot to add the “minus Ronnie Stanley” part. Because duh.

Been beatin' that drum for a while. Watching his last 5 games last year it's pretty tough to imagine any rookie OT ousting him as the starting LT. Just not gonna happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Been beatin' that drum for a while. Watching his last 5 games last year it's pretty tough to imagine any rookie OT ousting him as the starting LT. Just not gonna happen.

Bolles would be a borderline pro bowler if he didn’t get so many penalty yards. His problem has always been between his ears. If another full offseason under Munchak could somehow fix that, he’d be fine. I’m betting we aren’t going to draft his replacement this year. His performance this season is what will decide his fate. 

54 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Everyone knows the Pro Bowl is a joke, but did you know that Garett Bolles graded out better than any AFC Pro Bowl OT last season? He’s a real decent player, and they absolutely should pick up that option at roughly $10M.

EDIT: I forgot to add the “minus Ronnie Stanley” part. Because duh.

I just know the organization doesn’t think very highly of him and what he can do. The issue isn’t his effort - it’s definitely just the mental. If they pick up the option that‘s a good sign. But he simply isn’t a player that you can trust to do his job throughout his career to this point 

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

I'm sorry, but the headline itself made me laugh. We really do need some OT depth when Wilkinson is our 2nd best option at LT.

Or it can be interpreted that there is little Chance they lock themselves into paying Bolles next year when they are open to Wilkinson being the starter 

31 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Or it can be interpreted that there is little Chance they lock themselves into paying Bolles next year when they are open to Wilkinson being the starter 

Personally I don't believe for a moment that any of the coaching staff or FO has given any serious thought about Wilkinson as our starting LT. 

It's cringeworthy thinking about him as our backup at that spot. Thats why we desperately need an OT in the first few picks that can fill/develop into the swing tackle role. Seriously, Rodgers and Wilkinson as our OT backups?   Yuck!

8 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

How many  WR's do you think will go in the 1st ??

Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Mims, Jefferson perhaps even Reagor IMO.....Aiyuk won't go first, that's a bet !! 

If Broncos don’t trade up, we could very well see 4 in the top 17.  I expect 6-7 total.   And I expect Aiyuk will go ahead of Reagor.  I’ll take your virtual bet.  

8 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Personally I don't believe for a moment that any of the coaching staff or FO has given any serious thought about Wilkinson as our starting LT. 

It's cringeworthy thinking about him as our backup at that spot. Thats why we desperately need an OT in the first few picks that can fill/develop into the swing tackle role. Seriously, Rodgers and Wilkinson as our OT backups?   Yuck!

Oh man - if this is a serious suggestion (and credit Wilkinson for hanging around as an UDFA) - but that blows my optimism for having a decent OL out of the water.

7 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Non-guaranteed option. It’s fine. 

Yes, but if you’re willing to spend 10 million on a player, that player is not competing for a starting job. He’d have his option revoked next year if he plays poorly, but there’s no way he doesn’t play.

Here’s the thing on Bolles, its easy to look good for a 5 game stretch when you were absolutely horrible the rest of them. Every year he has shown some improvement then just goes back to being terrible. Hard pass on signing him back. Let some other team sign him like a starter, and let some other team cut him and watch him be out of the league in a few years.