3-0

incognito_man

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Actually not Incog, but thanks for your input.

The discussion is about the overall lack of execution and production by the offense.....and those stats certainly are relevant.

And yet we are 3-0.  We know you expect the offense to be better but in reality this is week 3 of the preseason for them.  They have defeated 3 frickin good defenses with an offense that's still finding it's way.  Our scoring and production has improved each week on offense.  Think you'll see steady improvement the next 3 games.

• Like 1

Some of us are treating 3-0 like it’s a crapnugget.

I like the fact that Aaron is ticked and Matt is talking to him. We haven’t stopped getting better. The offense looks like a golf game that marked two birdies and six pars but got killed by bogies and double bogies. Still shot in the 80s.

That’s a dangerous defense and Aaron finished with a bunch of incompletions. But he had a clean shirt and no owies. I’ll worry when we stop getting better.

I just shake my head at the idea that, in this league, with the teams we’ve played, we’re supposed to play perfect offensive football and score 42 points a game. 

I’ll take this season and these players just the way they are. It’s very entertaining. So are posts that express specific concerns about the double bogies.

“We suck on offense” posts less so. 

• Like 2

Just now, coachbuns said:

And yet we are 3-0.  We know you expect the offense to be better but in reality this is week 3 of the preseason for them.  They have defeated 3 frickin good defenses with an offense that's still finding it's way.  Our scoring and production has improved each week on offense.  Think you'll see steady improvement the next 3 games.

We all know this and we all hope for improvement - cause it cant get much worse.

Daniel Jones played his first game in the NFL today and out passed anything ARs done this season. Think about that for a moment.

Yes....we all expected "growing pains" - but this defense is going to start to crumble if the offense doesnt start to carry its load.

If our offense was a 6 cylinder engine - we've been hitting on about 2.5 of them. A few good plays. A series or two....and thats it.

It's unsustainable.

• Like 1

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Was ticked off that I didn’t get to watch the game today, but reading this thread, I guess I don’t feel bad that I missed it.  Saw some tweets that Rodgers was pouting some, and even arguing with MLF on the sidelines again this week.  Any truth to these comments?

no, that's media garbage.  They had a conversation and the media wants to spin it as them hating each other.  

Love this defense. Allowing 11.7 points per game this year, only behind New England and just ahead of Chicago. Allowing less than 200 passing ypg. Rushing defense isn’t looking as pretty but I am very happy with where the defense is at thru 3 weeks.

The next 2 weeks of football will be very telling. Excited to see how our D looks against Philly & Dallas, who move the ball a bit better than the opponents we have faced already.

Offense is struggling as many have stated. I’m not worried. It’s Week 3, we are 3-0, and I expect us to click more & more with each game, especially considering we faced 3 top 12 defenses to start the year in this new scheme. 

Based on my expectations for this season, I am very happy. This team (especially the defense) came together much quicker than I anticipated and you gotta give Gute a LOT of credit.

Edited by StartBarr

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Was ticked off that I didn’t get to watch the game today, but reading this thread, I guess I don’t feel bad that I missed it.  Saw some tweets that Rodgers was pouting some, and even arguing with MLF on the sidelines again this week.  Any truth to these comments?

Yep some truth. If I could read lips at one point AR said “explicit word play calls”.  After one series AR came off pouty MLF went over to see him coming off and AR didn’t want much. So MLF went and saw him on the bench and AR seemed to be wordy to him. Did not look constructive but MLF stuck with it. I think our QB has made himself tough to coach. 

Edited by PACKRULE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

Yep some truth. If I could read lips at one point AR said “explicit word play calls”.  After one series AR came off pouty MLF went over to see him coming off and AR didn’t want much. So MLF went and saw him on the bench and AR seemed to be wordy to him. Did not look constructive but MLF stuck with it. I think our QB has mad himself tough to coach. 

Thanks for this information.  Ironically, the tweet I saw said basically the same thing “Rodgers is making himself tough to coach”.  Really hope this changes.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

At least they were talking. It doesn’t look toxic. It looks different though. Aaron was unhappy. Matt was frustrated also but trying to keep the communication going. MM rarely left his spot on the sideline, but then again Aaron rarely openly steamed like this before.

I think he wants to be as good as that defense, and it’s not happening yet.