3-0

incognito_man

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Thanks for this information.  Ironically, the tweet I saw said basically the same thing “Rodgers is making himself tough to coach”.  Really hope this changes.

This is going to test MLF. Game wise there are glimmers but he still seems to want to do his school yard crap and he won’t make contested throws. Lots of throw always again second half. 

3 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

At least they were talking. It doesn’t look toxic. It looks different though. Aaron was unhappy. Matt was frustrated also but trying to keep the communication going. MM rarely left his spot on the sideline, but then again Aaron rarely openly steamed like this before.

I think he wants to be as good as that defense, and it’s not happening yet.

I’m all for Rodgers wanting to improve from being a middle of the pack game manager.  Hope he gets it figured out.

5 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

At least they were talking. It doesn’t look toxic. It looks different though. Aaron was unhappy. Matt was frustrated also but trying to keep the communication going. MM rarely left his spot on the sideline, but then again Aaron rarely openly steamed like this before.

I think he wants to be as good as that defense, and it’s not happening yet.

Agree MLF is not letting up and it will be a process to break AR from his crap. On top of that MLF is learning g how to call plays for him. If AR buys in I think MLF Can really help him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

We all know this and we all hope for improvement - cause it cant get much worse.

Daniel Jones played his first game in the NFL today and out passed anything ARs done this season. Think about that for a moment.

Yes....we all expected "growing pains" - but this defense is going to start to crumble if the offense doesnt start to carry its load.

If our offense was a 6 cylinder engine - we've been hitting on about 2.5 of them. A few good plays. A series or two....and thats it.

It's unsustainable.

Once we don't play a top 10 defense I think you'll see more improvement.  Daniel Jones .... seriously.  LOL.  Let's see what Daniel does against the Bears, Vikings and Denver's defense.  Let's see what they do this Thursday vs Philly and then re-evaluate.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Once we don't play a top 10 defense I think you'll see more improvement.  Daniel Jones .... seriously.  LOL.  Let's see what Daniel does against the Bears, Vikings and Denver's defense.  Let's see what they do this Thursday vs Philly and then re-evaluate.

I get we played the Vikings and Bears the first two weeks, but you can't sit here and tell me they were the only reason this offense looked as bad as it did. Because it's not. 

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Make no mistake. I'm not playing up Daniel Jones - certainly not as much as you're willing to play AR down.

We're talking about a "pure as the driven snow" rookie - making his very first start in the NFL - against a decent - not top 10, but decent defense - and he lit it up.

VERSUS - a two time MVP, SB winner.....whispered about GOAT QB for GB - who's far less than stellar performances you're "accepting" of because, well its those tough defenses.

I remember a time AR used to light up ANYBODY's defense.

I'm not here to run anybody down. Not my style, but I'm not looking past stuff thats right before my eyes just because I'm a "fan"
I dont know what its gonna take to fix this offense or for it to perform better. Nope. I dont have those answers - but something had better happen cause we're gonna lose this defense - the best we've had in a long, long time - if the offense doesnt start to carry its weight.

Earlier I posted some STARK stats on our performance on 3rd down. It's *terrible* We're....I dont even know how bad %-wise, but its far, far, far more likely we'll be walking off the field and punting than converting on 3rd down.

2 of 21 3rd down conversions of 6yards+
Two conversions.
Nineteen times - NINETEEN TIMES - walking off the field

I cant remember the other stat - but it was equally as bad and its totally unsustainable.

I'm not here to run the team down or give any answers about what they have to do....but they've got to do something. Perhaps starting with reinventing the TE position. We seem to have lost ours.

Fun game to be at, I was probably as drunk as @Norm today

Not sure about him as a playcaller yet, but we have ourselves a head coach. First time seeing that team live. Loose, energetic, they have fun, they're tight knit. This locker room is the kind that sticks together and makes playoff runs. Just have to get the offense there.

Thought the offense was plagued by the same stuff. Tonyan has a TD in drive #2 but he lets up in his route right as Rodgers released the ball and he can't build up enough speed to get under it. Then Rodgers comes out next play and fires an easy 1st too high to GMo. MVS two 3rd down drops. Some penalties and the fact that whenever Rodgers pulls the ball on an RPO all our WRs are blocking, that's got to get sorted quick, 3rd week in a row. Could've easily been another game like Minny, 30+ points and a relaxing 4th Q. Too many mistakes.

Eagles don't have a great defense, they're coming off a defeat and they have to make a trip out here on a short week, this needs to be the game they get it going and sustain it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What is even being debated or discussed?

Literally everybody loves the Smith acquisitions. 

Are we hating on Gute for not getting Clay/Perry out a year earlier?

I didn’t like that either. Our success now has zero to do with them last year. It just seemed like an ungracious thing to point out. 

25 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I just shake my head at the idea that, in this league, with the teams we’ve played, we’re supposed to play perfect offensive football and score 42 points a game. 

I don't think anyone thinks we need to be perfect and score 50 points per game to be satisfied. It's just  frustrating when we go into a long stretch of drives where the offense can't move the ball at all and can't convert 3rd downs. Every packer fan is thrilled we are 3-0, but some are acting like the team is excused of any criticism because we're 3-0.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

They can get turnovers but the tackling today wasn't very good.  Denver ran all over us.  That has to be addressed.

Effort was less compared to last couple weeks in the first half may be since we have a short week coming up.

They have tightened it in 2nd half... Truly speaking not worried at all..