3-0

incognito_man

Right now......

I think we can hold our own with Philly. They've got their own issues and perhaps we'll improve on offense. 4 + 0 is within our reach.

Dallas? Right now? They're hitting on all their cylinders and I think they'd light us up. If our offense is again a no-show against Dallas (?) who happens to have a decent D as well......I doubt our defense can sustain itself against that attack.

6 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I don’t know if you saw Aaron’s post-game presser, but he refused to accept that okay play on his part was enough to win games. He specifically said he still wants to be great. I think I stumbled onto something when I said that he is competing with this defense.

Depends if you want to write a story to get clicks or take his comments like you actually played a sport in your life. Win or lose - no one wants to play like sh*t. 

First off 3-0 trumps everything, that's worth saying first.

With that said, I'm revisiting the idea that the offense needs to play preseason snaps, they do seem rusty.

Now I know the counter argument is they stay healthy, but I believed then (and still do) that preseason games help the offense get in rhythm. That offense certainly LOOKS like it needs more work.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Fun game to be at, I was probably as drunk as @Norm today

Not sure about him as a playcaller yet, but we have ourselves a head coach. First time seeing that team live. Loose, energetic, they have fun, they're tight knit. This locker room is the kind that sticks together and makes playoff runs. Just have to get the offense there.

Thought the offense was plagued by the same stuff. Tonyan has a TD in drive #2 but he lets up in his route right as Rodgers released the ball and he can't build up enough speed to get under it. Then Rodgers comes out next play and fires an easy 1st too high to GMo. MVS two 3rd down drops. Some penalties and the fact that whenever Rodgers pulls the ball on an RPO all our WRs are blocking, that's got to get sorted quick, 3rd week in a row. Could've easily been another game like Minny, 30+ points and a relaxing 4th Q. Too many mistakes.

Eagles don't have a great defense, they're coming off a defeat and they have to make a trip out here on a short week, this needs to be the game they get it going and sustain it.

Thanks for the post Ray good points. This locker room may be what turns AR I think. As some of the new guys get to know him better and push him who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Right now......

I think we can hold our own with Philly. They've got their own issues and perhaps we'll improve on offense. 4 + 0 is within our reach.

Dallas? Right now? They're hitting on all their cylinders and I think they'd light us up. If our offense is again a no-show against Dallas (?) who happens to have a decent D as well......I doubt our defense can sustain itself against that attack.

We match up nicely against big D. We play in their barn but we can win that game. 

2 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I can agree with you that given this defense you don’t need 40 points, but you do need some clock-eating drives. 

I don’t know if you saw Aaron’s post-game presser, but he refused to accept that okay play on his part was enough to win games. He specifically said he still wants to be great. I think I stumbled onto something when I said that he is competing with this defense.

I don’t dismiss Aaron criticism completely. If he is having an existential crisis about being great, that really could keep him from accepting an offense that grinds in small bites. 

And that is the great question of our time. Kind of. How close to functional alignment are the offensive visions of our coach and our QB?

I believe he does want to be great, and frustrated with his play, it sucks sometimes we don't see that progress though. I don't think all of it should fall on Aaron too, the WRs besides Adams really haven't been good and have dropped some balls. TEs have been nonexistent in the passing game. I don't know if it truly is the play calling, but the execution has been extremely sloppy, the drops, not getting a lot of YAC and breaking tackles, failed screens, Rodgers missing some easy throws, running down the clock and taking timeouts, penalties, a lot of it is self inflicted. Only thing really that has been semi working is our running game with Jones and Williams they've been great. And yes we need a lot more long sustaining drives, getting the opposing teams offense back on the field quickly is not something we should get used to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Thanks for the post Ray good points. This locker room may be what turns AR I think. As some of the new guys get to know him better and push him who knows. 

Don't think AR needs any turning, think he's 100% bought in. He made some great throws today. Missed the one to GMo and a sideline ball to Tonyan.

Bigger issue is we haven't been able to run any RPO stuff, offense isn't on the same page there.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Don't think AR needs any turning, think he's 100% bought in. He made some great throws today. Missed the one to GMo and a sideline ball to Tonyan.

Bigger issue is we haven't been able to run any RPO stuff, offense isn't on the same page there.

He still seems a bit skittish in the pocket at times too.  There was one sequence where he threw the ball away pretty much instantly.  

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't think AR needs any turning, think he's 100% bought in. He made some great throws today. Missed the one to GMo and a sideline ball to Tonyan. Bigger issue is we haven't been able to run any RPO stuff, offense isn't on the same page there.

What I want to know is why you're not posting "Man At The Game" posts on the GDT!  :)

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I think the way he reacts to MLF is old AR and is not buy in. Mouthing bad play calls is not buy in. Some of his play shows buy in but some shows his old self coaching. There are glimmers but I am not sure he’s bought in fully to being coached. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Let's not get overzealous with the Cowboys hype. They played a terrible Giants defense, a bad Redskins team and the friggin' Dolphins, so far.

They're still the best offense we will face so far, will be a good test none the less, their receiving core + Zeke is nothing to scoff at.

That being said Rodgers pretty much owns jerry world :$