3-0

incognito_man

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'm saying you're reading far too much into a select few occurrences to justify your opinion rather than taking the whole thing at face value. Brady gets visibly upset with McDaniels at times, doesn't mean he never bought in or "partially" bought in. Just means they disagreed about something. It's a relationship and no relationship, no matter what anyone wants you to believe, is perfect. There's zero indication that Rodgers hasn't bought in. Not in his demeanor, not in his pressers/interviews, and not in his on field play. Kinks just need to be worked out. It's game 3 of a first time head coach. We got shut out twice and held to, or under, 10 points 4 other times in Mac's first year. Let's be patient. 

We have differing views you continue to tell me that what I see is reading to much into it is really the same as I could say to you regarding your view. Essentially we are taking the inforamtion and things we see and we form our opinion off of that. I will not try to convince you I have read your points and take them all into account in what I view and how i I see it. I am not an AR hater but have watched enough of him well his entire career and have witnessed the change in him from his early days. With that said my hope is that MLF can continues to work with AR and get change for the better while continue to see progress in both his play and demeanor or kinks worked out as you say. Will also note that thank goodness Gute did invest heavily in the other side of the ball as it has made all the difference in the world. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know if he is tough to coach.

Offense really didn't have a rhythm.  

It was weird.  Like they'd go up tempo, get a few good plays, then all of a sudden.  Slow tempo.  And drive done.

It was kind of a weird offensive performance.  Highlighted by a few absolutely perfect Rodgers throws, an overthrow or two and a couple of drops.

Personally, I feel like they need to motion Adams into good matchups more often.  We didn't use him as much as we could have.  

Byproduct to that motion is it could free up MVS 1:1 more often and that is a dangerous thing.

RPO

How much does a truly effective RPO game plan include at least the possibility that the QB will hold it and take it himself?
I dont think any DC is actually game planning for AR keeping the ball. Not at this stage of his career.
How much does that effect the overall effectiveness of the RPO gambit?

Re-watched the TV copy after getting home, mixed with what I know from seeing the game in person and what the TV doesn't show, it's LaFleur holding back the offense at this point. I thought Rodgers played well, he airmailed two throws but beyond that was pretty flawless. He's getting hate for the throwaways into the dirt, but there was nothing there, he clearly didn't want to take hits which is what we've been begging him to do, and now we're ripping him for it. He made some great throws yesterday I thought and moved about the pocket very well.

LaFleur has shown he can lead this team and get them ready to play. He's shown he can out game plan even some of the best defensive minds like Zimmer and Fangio. The guy sucks right now outside of the script. 4 targets for Davante is downright unacceptable. 0 legit targets for Graham is unacceptable. 0 downfield shots after the free play is unacceptable. His feel for the game isn't good. A good coach should have sections in his call sheet where he can say, "crap it's the 3Q and I've only got 3 targets to Adams" and call a play that gets that man the ball. Crap it's the 2nd Q and I haven't attacked this defense vertically, make a corresponding call. 

Between Rodgers missing a key throw to GMo, Tonyan inexplicable stopping his route and preventing a TD and MVS dropping two 3rd down balls, this offense was still on schedule to score 30+ even with his poor in game management. If he can figure it out as a play caller, all the talent is right there to make it work, and Rodgers is almost in the killer groove that he throws himself into, I can feel that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know if he is tough to coach.

Offense really didn't have a rhythm.  

It was weird.  Like they'd go up tempo, get a few good plays, then all of a sudden.  Slow tempo.  And drive done.

It was kind of a weird offensive performance.  Highlighted by a few absolutely perfect Rodgers throws, an overthrow or two and a couple of drops.

Personally, I feel like they need to motion Adams into good matchups more often.  We didn't use him as much as we could have.  

Byproduct to that motion is it could free up MVS 1:1 more often and that is a dangerous thing.

I don't have any evidence but I'm going to guess most teams are going to double team Adams and take him away.  Hopefully what we saw in MVS is the beginning of what we'll see going forward.  If our young WR continues to play like he did yesterday defenses will have to account for him too and that will open up more for Adams.

30 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I have a feeling we might be trading Graham.  He's just not being used at all right now.  His one "target" was when Rodgers was under pressure and he threw it thirty yards away from Graham. 

Who's gonna want Graham at his present salary tho?

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Re-watched the TV copy after getting home, mixed with what I know from seeing the game in person and what the TV doesn't show, it's LaFleur holding back the offense at this point. I thought Rodgers played well, he airmailed two throws but beyond that was pretty flawless. He's getting hate for the throwaways into the dirt, but there was nothing there, he clearly didn't want to take hits which is what we've been begging him to do, and now we're ripping him for it. He made some great throws yesterday I thought and moved about the pocket very well.

LaFleur has shown he can lead this team and get them ready to play. He's shown he can out game plan even some of the best defensive minds like Zimmer and Fangio. The guy sucks right now outside of the script. 4 targets for Davante is downright unacceptable. 0 legit targets for Graham is unacceptable. 0 downfield shots after the free play is unacceptable. His feel for the game isn't good. A good coach should have sections in his call sheet where he can say, "crap it's the 3Q and I've only got 3 targets to Adams" and call a play that gets that man the ball. Crap it's the 2nd Q and I haven't attacked this defense vertically, make a corresponding call. 

Between Rodgers missing a key throw to GMo, Tonyan inexplicable stopping his route and preventing a TD and MVS dropping two 3rd down balls, this offense was still on schedule to score 30+ even with his poor in game management. If he can figure it out as a play caller, all the talent is right there to make it work, and Rodgers is almost in the killer groove that he throws himself into, I can feel that.

Good insights. Not having seen the game myself yet, this info comes in handy. Thank-you.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't have any evidence but I'm going to guess most teams are going to double team Adams and take him away.  Hopefully what we saw in MVS is the beginning of what we'll see going forward.  If our young WR continues to play like he did yesterday defenses will have to account for him too and that will open up more for Adams.

Bring back EQ :) LOL

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

We didnt waste timeouts, and Rodgers was consistently snapping it before the play clock hit one.

thats progress.

We did have to burn a TO yesterday and we got a delay of game penalty so this is still an issue.  I'm hoping it is because of the new scheme...

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

RPO

How much does a truly effective RPO game plan include at least the possibility that the QB will hold it and take it himself?
I dont think any DC is actually game planning for AR keeping the ball. Not at this stage of his career.
How much does that effect the overall effectiveness of the RPO gambit?

What does this reply have to do with my post?

Or is it a blanket statement about how an RPO is supposed to work?

I think you know the answer.  RPO is a "Run/Pass Option".  Hence RPO.  You extend the ball for the handoff while reading the defense to see if there is an opening for the quick hitter, which is typically a slant.  But not all the time.  

I don't think anyone is gameplanning for Rodgers to keep the ball.  And GB shouldn't be gameplanning for Rodgers to keep it either.  And you knew this, 100%.

But that shouldn't negate the effectiveness of the run/pass option.  It just kind of eliminates that third dimension which is more of the quarterback runner option.

From the very, very little I"ve seen of it from GB...the issue isn't Rodgers.  The issue is the WR's.  Someone needs to tell them that they run routes on RPO's, not block.  That's a coaching point and execution thing.  And...it's something that can be worked out with reps.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pugger said:

FAs will go to a team willing to pay them.  If you have a winning culture all the better.   We just didn't sign FAs in their prime when Ted was running things like Gute is willing to do now.

I do hope that worm has turned and GB will become / is more a viable player on the FA market. We've witnessed a ton of talent move around and yes, some organizations make rash / ill considered / short term(?) decisions that dont play out well - but the good organizations - the winning organizations - know when and how to take/make their shot and never seem to suffer that downturn. 

They keep winning. They dont suffer CAP hell. They keep shuffling players.

Thats what I want GB to be. Thats what this recent influx of FAs indicate we may be moving towards. Having the (or one of the) highest paid QBs will tend to put a crimp in our style....but you get my drift and I sense we're in agreement. Push that envelope.