MWil23

Who wins?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Browns
    • Hornby
    • Kiwi
    • Who cares? If you're not wearing Orange and Brown, you don't matter

This team is absolutely beatable, the ravens have beaten nobody and while the chiefs may have one of if not the most dangerous offense in the league their defense leaves a lot be desired. There were literally times where Lamar Jackson just threw the ball up, one being falling away across his body that those balls should have been intercepted if not at least knocked down. Mark Ingram was their offense yesterday.  And while we certainly are not without our troubles we just went toe to toe with without a doubt the most complete team in the NFL and the #1 seed in the NFC playoffs the past two years while we were severely handicapped by injury. To only give up 2 TD to that team with that set of WR with the entire starting Secondary gone shows that these guys are fighting   Our offense is sputtering right now yes, but there is foundation there that has shown in times that they can get it together, I do think they will get it together . The sky is not falling, we need to regroup get healthy and do some soul searching, I do think Baker will figure things out because the kid is a Grinder and wants to be great. Everyone needs to take a breath and come off the ledge 

The Colts give me hope. 

Frank Reich (sp?) is viewed as a pretty solid HC. He was prolly the best new hire last year right or at least one of the better ones, right?

well last year was his first year as a HC play caller. The Colts started the season last year going 1-5 under him. They then finished 10-6. First couple of games there offense struggled. About week5/week6 there offense picked up and by week8 or so they went on a run where they avg around 30+ it’s a game. 

Its early, it sucks, but we needs to give them some time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Good luck in the game with regards to injuries.

Should be an excellent game and a GOTW contender.

Lamar vs Baker, Greedy vs Hollywood, Chubb vs Pierce/Williams, Garrett vs Stanley.

Very intriguing matchups all around.

Back at ya.

Hopefully both teams escape healthy.

And tied atop the division.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

You can have success against the Ravens defense, but I don’t have confidence our offense can do anything right now.

You will definitely move the ball up and down the field. This defense is super leaky. We've been without two of our best corners (Jimmy Smith and Tavon Young) all season so that’s hurt. Especially because it’s forced Anthony Averrett onto the field. He’s got tight coverage but is easy to make plays on because he can’t get his head around at all. Then Tony Jefferson is literally the most overrated player in the NFL, he’s been straight trash since he’s been here. He couldn’t cover a $5 bet let alone an NFL player.

So while Humphrey is a stud, while Brandon Carr is still a quality corner, and while Earl Thomas is a beast... those two players cause the rest of the defensive fabric to unravel. You could see in the KC game some of the plays Thomas allowed were because he was biting on plays to help Jefferson/Averrett, it’s not good, but clearly he has no trust in those guys executing so it’s taking him away from his discipline.

So all that to say I expect big plays from you guys where you’ll run through wide open zones or your players will burn Averrett/Jefferson in coverage. The good thing about our defense is that when it gets closer to the red zone they typically tighten up and execute well to force field goals.

Whats more Andrews if hurt will play a huge impact such as in the last game. He was playing at a pro bowl/2nd team all pro caliber level until this foot injury. He’s our zone buster and he is typically the go-to option in critical moments. Hollywood is generally the next guy. But no Andrews meant Hollywood gets the clear double team and no one else has proven to be reliable in either the hands or route running department.

The important key will be if you guys can pressure upfront. Pressure from the edges Lamar executes against very well because he likes to step into his pocket. Those steps allow him to keep his foot spacing wide and deliver accurate balls. Pressure upfront forces him to narrow his spacing and cause balls to sail.

Should be a good game, will be interesting to see who is healthy. I wonder if we weren’t somewhat holding Andrews out and you all weren’t holding out Greedy to make sure they were “ready” for this showdown. But perhaps I’m just overthinking that.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1