Marcus Mariota FACTS

Oregon Ducks

I was at a game where Mariota was 22 of 23 for 303 yards and 2 TDs (147.4 rating). He was mostly harmless.

The Titans scored 17 points that day. Here is why:

• 3rd and 9 ... 7 yard completion
  • 3rd and 14 ... 2 yard completion
  • 3rd and 8 ... 7 yard completion (led to a failed 4th and 1 run)
  • 3rd and 9 ... sacked for 8 yard loss
  • 1st and 10 ...sacked  2nd and 16 ... sacked  3rd and 20 ... 11 yard completion
  • 2nd and 10 ... 2 yard completion  3rd and 8 ... sacked
  • 2nd and 7 ... sacked  3rd and 16 ... 8 yard Mariota run

5 for 5 for 29 useless yards (6 punts and a turnover on downs)

Add in a 61 yard TD pass and a 48 yard TD pass and now you have 17 points

They also had a receiver fumble with 10 seconds left to play to deny them a stat pad TD in a 34-17 loss

The Ravens game in 2018 was even worse:  10-15 for 117 yards 90.1 rating ... ZERO POINTS  (11 sacks was a big reason why)

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this was his first good game of the year, maybe chill tf out

Nope no need to chill out he only did it against my sorry *** team no reason to give him props for that lol.  The titans could have put in their 3rd string QB from the practice squad and came away with the same result i would imagine.

Edited by FalconFan13

15 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Nope no need to chill out he only did it against my sorry *** team no reason to give him props for that lol.  The titans could have put in their 3rd string QB from the practice squad and came away with the same result i would imagine.

That's actually a big deal.  If you saw the Jaguars game, you can see Mariota almost always ****s the bed against teams the Titans should beat.  Progress!

13 hours ago, Daniel said:

That's actually a big deal.  If you saw the Jaguars game, you can see Mariota almost always ****s the bed against teams the Titans should beat.  Progress!

Maybe if it wasn't the Falcons my friend.  Our curse is alot stronger than the titans or mariotas is and has been going alot longer lol. 

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It was BAD today. He could not get a pass off, even when he had time. I think all the sacks he's taken have just totally broken his internal clock.

Wouldn't be the first quarterback that has happened to, that's for sure. 

I Do think that he could benefit significantly from a change of scenery. I wouldn't throw in the towel for him becoming a productive starter in the league, LIS, Alex Smith managed to come back, and truth be told, didn't have nearly the highs that Mariota has had. But I think he has to get out of TN

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Wouldn't be the first quarterback that has happened to, that's for sure. 

I Do think that he could benefit significantly from a change of scenery. I wouldn't throw in the towel for him becoming a productive starter in the league, LIS, Alex Smith managed to come back, and truth be told, didn't have nearly the highs that Mariota has had. But I think he has to get out of TN

He 100% can still be a good QB, the signs are there that he's not 'broken' physically but he's certainly not going to get any better in TN, a change of scenery would be best for all parties involved I think.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 1