What made Trubisky stand out in the draft compared to Mahomes and Watson?

Elky

1 minute ago, Shady Slim said:

look i can’t say cause forum rules but it’s the same reason steelers fans have wanted tomlin to be fired for the past four or five years 

I think it's a bit too much to assume Pace is making choices based on a presumption of racism from the Chicago fanbase. 

59 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I think it's a bit too much to assume Pace is making choices based on a presumption of racism from the Chicago fanbase. 

the question by the OP was centred on draft pundits

and to me it’s a no brainer draft pundits favour tall white signal callers over all else tbh

now i’m not gonna say much else bc i don’t want to be banned 

but heck even i fell in to it, thought trubes was the best of the class (though i was right about baker before anyone else so i did redeem myself), but there’s a big discord between the way white and black rookie signal callers are treated by the draftniks, and that’s all i’ll say because again forum rules and i understand that

Edited by Shady Slim
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

the question by the OP was centred on draft pundits

and to me it’s a no brainer draft pundits favour tall white signal callers over all else tbh

now i’m not gonna say much else bc i don’t want to be banned 

but heck even i fell in to it, thought trubes was the best of the class (though i was right about baker before anyone else so i did redeem myself), but there’s a big discord between the way white and black rookie signal callers are treated by the draftniks, and that’s all i’ll say because again forum rules and i understand that

Cool beans. Get what you're saying. I'll leave it alone, as well. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

Something to share...

That's wild... I know passer rating is flawed as a metric, but wow.

Of course the fact that Mitch Trubisky had the extra 12 games in the run, run, pass nonexistent John Fox offense throwing to Kendall Wright, Dontrelle Inman, and Josh Bellamy has nothing to do with that. (To be clear I'm just talking about the ridiculous over exaggeration above)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Of course the fact that Mitch Trubisky had the extra 12 games in the run, run, pass nonexistent John Fox offense throwing to Kendall Wright, Dontrelle Inman, and Josh Bellamy has nothing to do with that. (To be clear I'm just talking about the ridiculous over exaggeration above)

I'm not saying there's nothing flawed with this, but it's still pretty amazing. What are the odds that Mahomes throws 41 interceptions over the next two YEARS, let alone next game?

The gap is pretty significant no matter how you cut it up - and with Mahomes only getting better, do we see any way Trubisky can catch up? 

I don't see it.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm not saying there's nothing flawed with this, but it's still pretty amazing. What are the odds that Mahomes throws 41 interceptions over the next two YEARS, let alone next game?

The gap is pretty significant no matter how you cut it up - and with Mahomes only getting better, do we see any way Trubisky can catch up? 

I don't see it.

The catchup thing who knows, the issue is the sample sizes as far as what that guy was talking bout.  Mahome has 12 less games right now, and his first season was unprecedented.  You can kind of think of it like this.  Hes Dan Marino as a rookie, and if you compared that to Jim Kelly, it probably would have been something similar in difference.  But at the end of the day that smaller sample size matters less and less as time goes on.  

Just looking at 2018 for example, it's a 113 vs a 96, now if you think that's 41 INTs different, you're greatly mistaken. 

But I'm not worried about catching Mahomes, I'm worried about winning SuperBowls.  

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 4:51 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Read their draft profiles and see if you can spot the clues on why people were so high on him but so low on the others:

Trubiski: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/mitch-trubisky?id=2558008

Watson: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/deshaun-watson?id=2558063

Mahomes: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/patrick-mahomes?id=2558125

My goodness.  I almost laughed out loud when I read the profile of Mahomes here.  O.o  Of course I have the luxury of 20/20 hindsight...

Edited by Pugger
  • Like 1