Is Aaron Rodgers still good as a pre-snap QB?

AlexGreen#20

20 minutes ago, cannondale said:

And my main gripe hasn't even been touched upon yet. The whereabouts of this cutting edge new offense that was supposed to come here. I'm not seeing any McVay influenced stuff.

I've heard some people refer to the offense more Shanahan than McVay. Not sure its gonna be cutting edge, I think the biggest thing we've seen so far is we're playing a hell of a lot more under center  compared to shotgun. And tighter formations.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He gets flushed a second later. You're doing the same thing Outpost does and assuming that Rodgers is staring down MVS right now.

You have no idea where his eyes lie right now, where MVS is in his progression, etc.. it's just all bad assumptions. No different than the DB everyone curses out on the long ball when he was actually falling off his guy realizing it was a busted play. You don't know, so it's not evidence.

Which would you prefer: 

• That he's staring down Davante's 10 yard stem on an in-route matched up against the Broncos best CB with safety help over the top and a LB in the middle of the field
  • He's not willing to get hit, and tucks it

I don't see another alternative. There's two eye lines in this play, and MVS won immediately. 

If we've got MVS matched up with a guy on the line of scrimmage and the safety is on the other side of the field over Davante, that SHOULD BE the first read. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

I've heard some people refer to the offense more Shanahan than McVay. Not sure its gonna be cutting edge, I think the biggest thing we've seen so far is we're playing a hell of a lot more under center  compared to shotgun. And tighter formations.

And I have no proof - but I'm guessing it looks a lot more like a Mariota led Tennessee offense than a McVay offense

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Another frame of reference. Favre, who is / was built like a brick sh**thouse, was 38 or 39 on that cold January night where he looked cold and frail and old and like he wanted some hot cocoa anywhere but Lambeau. 

I really don’t like you for reminding us of that night. Bad play to end it. Coughlins cheeks were the only thing that made life bearable. 

double citation 

Edited by PACKRULE

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't think anybody is saying the sky is falling. 

I haven't made any comments about the long term predictions of this year. My concern is that an average offense is going to combine with a really good defense and leave us at 11-5 and getting bounced in the divisional round. 

There have been a number of teams that have an average offense combined with a really good defense that have won super bowls.  Right now, I'd take 11-5, win the North and see how it plays out.   I certainly agree Rodgers must play better to help this offense become better than average.  

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which would you prefer: 

• That he's staring down Davante's 10 yard stem on an in-route matched up against the Broncos best CB with safety help over the top and a LB in the middle of the field
  • He's not willing to get hit, and tucks it

I don't see another alternative. There's two eye lines in this play, and MVS won immediately. 

If we've got MVS matched up with a guy on the line of scrimmage and the safety is on the other side of the field over Davante, that SHOULD BE the first read. 

That play lasts like 1.5 seconds before he's flushed. He didn't stare down anyone.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

And I have no proof - but I'm guessing it looks a lot more like a Mariota led Tennessee offense than a McVay offense

It’s not like the rams have put up 40 per game. Mcvay and all this crap is overblown. We needed an offensive mind and a great communicator by all accounts we have that. 

3 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

Well guess what, homie?

Its week 4. In a new offense. With an aging QB trying to regain his confidence, and a rookie head coach.

Growing pains are part of that process, if you wanna count us out now, go ahead, thats your choice. Over-analyzing every detail that supports your negativity is all well and good, but ill keep pointing out that you should calm your tittys and enjoy the ride more.

3-0.

Is 11-5 and losing in the divisional round really all that negative?

Our QB isn't going to get any younger. Nor is he going to get any cheaper. Do head coaches/play callers get better with age, or do they stay stuck in their ways? It's not like LaFleur is new to offensive philosophies.

How much of what we're seeing is growing pains versus just the reality of our situation?

As far as not posting negative things, bite me, my postings are way more valid than yours. 

Just now, PACKRULE said:

I really don’t like you for reminding us of that night. Bad play to end it. Coughlins cheeks were the only thing that made life bearable. 

double citation 

I don't like it any more than you do - I had to actually pan through the youtube video to make sure I had it right. I just think its a great illustration of where the expectations should be

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I don't like it any more than you do - I had to actually pan through the youtube video to make sure I had it right. I just think its a great illustration of where the expectations should be

Different time. Rodgers has probably taken 500 less shots to the head than Favre did. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is 11-5 and losing in the divisional round really all that negative?

Our QB isn't going to get any younger. Nor is he going to get any cheaper. Do head coaches/play callers get better with age, or do they stay stuck in their ways? It's not like LaFleur is new to offensive philosophies.

How much of what we're seeing is growing pains versus just the reality of our situation?

As far as not posting negative things, bite me, my postings are way more valid than yours. 

I’ll jump in and respond even if you were responding to n8hgee.  Reality of the situation.  How 1265 responds will determine our fate.  JMO.

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

It’s not like the rams have put up 40 per game. Mcvay and all this crap is overblown. We needed an offensive mind and a great communicator by all accounts we have that. 

Fair enough. Then I would assume we won't need to hear anything more about MM's antiquated offense because we certainly aren't seeing rubs or pics or crossers, or jet sweeps, or any of the actions that come with those things