Week 4: Bounce back?.. Raiders @ Colts

big_palooka

15 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I thought it was a mistake. But let's be real, we had near-zero information on how good Waller would be this year. Also, I would not have minded both on the roster.

Yeah, having Cook, Waller and Moreau would be a great unit but I don't think we see the growth in the young guys.

It can go both ways saying we have zero info.

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Noone's prediction was based on something tangible (i.e. his tape). It's tantamount to a lucky guess.

Whatever you want to call it all I know I followed him with the Ravens they had really high hopes for him as you can see the tools he has, he made some plays for them and they really wanted to keep him because his potential was through the roof, the drug set back forced them to cut him, the first thing i said when we brought him in is that if he stays clean we have a diamond in the rough.

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

It's not worth it. We to thin at linebacker to be losing him. 

So my positive spin will be that this will convince Gruden to get more depth and maybe draft one early. I knew he'd get a flag when I saw it live but the ejection was unexpected. It's VB and we know he'll get another ejection or two this season. He'll be watched and called out more. All he had to do was keep his head up a little more and maybe no flag, but definitely no ejection. Indy can run against us better without him but another DB will help the pass defense. Keep the foot on the throat on Offense and it won't matter but if 4th quarter it's close then we will miss VB. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I have already admitted that Waller is a stud.  Going back I still would have resigned Cook to mitigate the risk.  I never said Waller could not be a good player.  It is not a good decision to let a top 5 player at their position to walk for a Martavis Bryant type risk who had not done 10% of what Bryant accomplished in the league so far in their career.  Looking back at how things have played out with AB I would say us resigning Cook would have been the correct move still.  We would have Cook, Waller, and Williams instead of Waller, Williams, and Doss.

I see that. I also think all adding Cook to this lineup would do is take halve Wallers touches in my opinion. I think Foster has been good and Waller has GREAT.