Around the League Talk

titansNvolsR#1

19 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Even with all the injuries Id still take Mariota over Winston. Winston has a boat load of weapons and he still can’t get going.

I didn’t watch the game but the coaches seem to suck down their too because they did not attack the Pats weaknesses once from what my radio guys up here in NE are saying

Meaning what? The Pats are horrible defending the pass, Winston threw it 46 times. Winston was just very inaccurate all game.

44 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Meaning what? The Pats are horrible defending the pass, Winston threw it 46 times. Winston was just very inaccurate all game.

Pats have had trouble communicating so formations like bunch formations in particular have destroyed the Pats and the Bucs coach said so as much in interviews leading up to the game and the Bucs didn’t attempt that until the last drive of the game. Any route where the DBs have to communicate the Pats have struggled with so by putting Jackson on one side and Evans on the other side made it easy on the Pats 

Morris Claiborne is another guy I repeatedly mentioned this past offseason... And another guy who is absolutely killing it this year. (While JRob was out giving Sylvester 

Imagine a secondary of White and Claiborne starting on the outside (Claiborne has been shadowing WRs this year), with Ryan in the slot... Sims coming as the 4th... 

If our secondary gets torched again today, I may start a FIRE JROB thread...

Looking around the league. I like to personally look at teams and look at things.
Raiders are 2-3. Are supposed to be a Super Bowl Contender, but are right there with us, along with an injured QB.
Steelers have this offense but yet are struggling
Patriots defense can't stop anyone.
Cowboys are 2-3. 
The Giants was supposed to have this unstoppable offense with all these weapons and are out their top 3 WRs and look like they are going to be cutting Eli after the year. 0-5.
Jets are 3-2? Really. They can't even tank right! lol
Seahawks have this defense that is shutting people down but we ran the ball straight down their throat.
Jags are winning the division early on and they doing it with their defense. But we also ran the ball down their throat.
Watson was about to have his bust made for Canton after last week......Not so much this week.

Sometimes it helps me to step outside the Tiatns bubble and look at the league as a whole and know that we aren't some ball of failure. Disappointment, underachieving and outright failure isn't just a Titan's trait. No matter how many people here feel like it is. But that's my way of coping.  Others just like ripping the team.  Neither is wrong, neither is right. 
But that's my way.

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Looking around the league. I like to personally look at teams and look at things.
Raiders are 2-3. Are supposed to be a Super Bowl Contender, but are right there with us, along with an injured QB.
Steelers have this offense but yet are struggling
Patriots defense can't stop anyone.
Cowboys are 2-3. 
The Giants was supposed to have this unstoppable offense with all these weapons and are out their top 3 WRs and look like they are going to be cutting Eli after the year. 0-5.
Jets are 3-2? Really. They can't even tank right! lol
Seahawks have this defense that is shutting people down but we ran the ball straight down their throat.
Jags are winning the division early on and they doing it with their defense. But we also ran the ball down their throat.
Watson was about to have his bust made for Canton after last week......Not so much this week.

Sometimes it helps me to step outside the Tiatns bubble and look at the league as a whole and know that we aren't some ball of failure. Disappointment, underachieving and outright failure isn't just a Titan's trait. No matter how many people here feel like it is. But that's my way of coping.  Others just like ripping the team.  Neither is wrong, neither is right. 
But that's my way.

I appreciate and envy your optimism but that's like saying you're content with dating an ugly girl because there are a ton of guys in the world dating ugly girls and only a handful of guys dating super models.

but the thing is, you can start working out and dressing well and get yourself a super model, you (the Tennessee Titans) just don't have the balls.

5 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I appreciate and envy your optimism but that's like saying you're content with dating an ugly girl because there are a ton of guys in the world dating ugly girls and only a handful of guys dating super models.

but the thing is, you can start working out and dressing well and get yourself a super model, you (the Tennessee Titans) just don't have the balls.

Again, my way. 
Not like I'm sitting waiting for the beautiful girl to fall in my lap, eating cheetos and klondike bars (giggity). 
Just understanding in my attempt of the beautiful girl, others also are struggling to get the supermodel too. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Again, my way. 
Not like I'm sitting waiting for the beautiful girl to fall in my lap, eating cheetos and klondike bars (giggity). 
Just understanding in my attempt of the beautiful girl, others also are struggling to get the supermodel too. 

Michael Jordan once said something along the lines of 

some people want it to happen

some people wish it would happen

others make it happen

we are one of the first two.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It's going to be fun to watch the Ezekiel Elliott stuff drags out long enough to miss the fantasy playoffs in my money league.

As mediocre as he's looked this year overall you're probably better off finding someone else to rely on anyway.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

As mediocre as he's looked this year overall you're probably better off finding someone else to rely on anyway.

I've got Hunt and McCoy, so it's not devastating, but the trio has a ton of potential to carry the team in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I've got Hunt and McCoy, so it's not devastating, but the trio has a ton of potential to carry the team in the playoffs.

How did you wind up in a money league with both Elliot and McCoy? Hunt I get because he's a rookie and no one expected this, but Elliot+McCoy?

19 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

How did you wind up in a money league with both Elliot and McCoy? Hunt I get because he's a rookie and no one expected this, but Elliot+McCoy?

Drafted two days before the injunction came down so he somehow fell into my lap in the third.

Archived