Around the League Talk

titansNvolsR#1

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Not sure if I've ever seen a head coach of a team that's above .500 call out a locker room like Adam Gase did today.

Between this and forcing the players to stand for the anthem, I'm curious to see if Gase could potentially lose the locker room.

If they go on a losing streak, it's something to watch.

20 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

It's funny... you're ready to declare him but not Watson.  Whatever fits the narrative I guess... 

You are correct. Narrative fits with my interests with the Titans...lol If Watson was with the Browns, I'd be more willing to accept him as good as he is...Not even hiding it.

Not sayin JuJu is the next coming. But....so far doesn't suck and the post was made slightly in jest. He had a good game. 

I guess I'll say, I'm not quick to anoint any player as quick as Twitter is with Watson (he is balling tho.).  Just seen them call players including Mariota as this or that and fall flat (RG3 is the main one that comes to mind). 

And thinking about it more, I wasn't declaring JuJu anything other than he doesn't suck.  I also never said Watson sucks. I'm just not ready to declare him as the next coming.  Doesn't mean I'm blind to the impact he is making.

But with the way QB's play now a days, I personally need to see it more than one season before saying he is going to "terrorize the league for the next 10-15 years," like the twitter reactions are so quick to say.

My biggest feeling for being weary is because of the offense they've put in place for him. While it is built around him (which is awesome).....it's built around him. If that makes sense. It is very dangerous to build an offense around the QB too much. It could stunt his growth, if he isn't forced out his comfort zone enough. Sooner or later the DC's will catch up to the offense they are running for him and then bubble burst.  Texans and Watson just need to be able to show growth with the system.
Happened to Cam somewhat and it definitely happened to RG3.

Not discounting Watson, just waiting and seeing if he can keep it up.

11 hours ago, KingTitan said:

And people told me JuJu was going to suck....lol

He's such a personality and seems like a super cool guy. We'd probably only use him to run screens here, but wish we had someone with a personality like his on the team.

10 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

He's such a personality and seems like a super cool guy. We'd probably only use him to run screens here, but wish we had someone with a personality like his on the team.

I just liked his physical nature coming out and his willingness to block.  I don't think he is an #1 but I do think his style would have fit well here. 

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Adoree Jackson has just as much personality imo. I guess that's why he and Juju are like best friends.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Adoree Jackson has just as much personality imo. I guess that's why he and Juju are like best friends.

true dat! once the big plays start coming Adoree's way the way they have Juju, his brand will be all over the press

Archived