How do we feel about the pass interference challenge?

CrazyJoeDavola

They should done what I said earlier and made it 4th quarter only

or include the word FLAGARANT when describing what the refs will be looking for.

Plays where the DB got beat and was just preventing the score. 

I understood that that’s how the rule was intended, but so far it hasn’t played out like that. Maybe I was misinformed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eagles23 said:

They should make it clear to coaches what can be overturned. So coaches dont challenge the ticky tacky stuff

I think I get the general idea here but I don't see how this will stop blind coaches from burning a challenge and a TO on obvious plays though. This has been going on since replays were first introduced. 

Plus, how can "they" (assuming the NFL) make it clear to coaches when they can't even seem to make it clear to the refs?

10 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I like the option of reviewing PI. Even if the turnover rate isn't that high for now, it's still better to have the ability to challenge the huge game changing element that PI presents itself as.

Same. I like the rule. It gives them a chance to right a wrong.

The only problem I have with it is that it still doesn't correct the biggest problem and that's the refs themselves and their obvious misunderstanding of the rules. Until they fix this issue, it will continue to be a problem. I don't care how many times you try to patch a hole, it's still going to be a hole.

Edited by JustAnotherFan

18 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Fine w/ me. Another 3 minutes in a 3 & 1/2 hour game isn't a big deal. Also like most aren't overturned. 

the longer the game goes, the longer i get to watch football. thats not my issue.

you cant even get excited anymore until the play is well over.

i want them to abolish all reviews

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

the longer the game goes, the longer i get to watch football. thats not my issue.

you cant even get excited anymore until the play is well over.

i want them to abolish all reviews

First rule of being a football fan, never get excited for a play until they run the next play.

• Like 3

Maybe they need to look at making this a booth only review for the entire game. Take it out of the coaches hands. This way if it gets reviewed it will only be an egregious play and not a ticky tack play that a frustrated coach challenges costing that team a challenge and timeout. This of course has flaws too, see the Vikings TD that was reversed but it would reduce the number of reviews and hopefully have a more worthwhile stoppage when things are reviewed. St this point it just seems like they made the rule to appease people with no intentions of actually changing the calls made. 

Incredibly stupid and it will be gone next year IMO.

Where was this outrage for the Giants when the no call was actually the last play of the game?

People way overreacted to this.

Having said all that, the NFL has also botched this - the overturn on the Steelers/Seahawks play was ridiculous compared to some of the stuff they haven't overturned.