Trubisky 2019 season development & growth thread

malagabears

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I listed a few above. I don't know. Sucks we even have to talk about this

Ah I completely missed that post. For anything a 4th and later I don't think any of Carr, Rosen, or Flacco would be available.

Realistically Bortles, McCown, Eli, or RGIII might be the only ones to take a gamble on, and I'd rather them be the #2 to make sure Bray doesn't see the field. Bortles is probably out as Chicago is a massive potential rival in the playoffs for them.

Practice squad poaching we may be able to challenge Bray with QBs like Kyle Shurmur (in the Chiefs system right now) or Kyle Lauletta (PHI)

Edited by Sugashane

3 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Actually, 1 QB who comes to mind who has had 3 decent seasons is Tyrod Taylor. From 2015-17 he passed for 8800 yards with 51 TD's & 16 ints. He is the backup behind Rivers for the LAC. His contract is until 2020 with a 5M value next year. Don't know what it would take though.

I like the thought a lot actually but I think that is going to be a 2nd or 3rd just due to it being in season (desperation raises value and that means they have to have a new #2). Teams will probably assume the Bears will have picks after the 20th and that isn't going to get better with a better QB situation.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Watson

No thanks, we need a QB who can hit receivers deep down the field.

12 minutes ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

I'm willing to ride this one out because there aren't any feasible solutions without investing valuable draft picks for a mediocre QB.

My thoughts exactly. I don't have much faith in Daniel at all but he's our best option. If Mitch is out for the year then our season is all but done anyhow. No reason to squander any picks when there's nobody available that would put this team over the top.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Just poach a young guy from somewhere so at least those Backup reps are going to someone young with more upside than Bray.

Sloter has some nice moments in the preseason for the Vikings and is on the Cardinals PR.

Yeah, they'd have to do something along those lines. Any other notable practice squad QBs? 

5 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I think they're going to want to have three QBs available, if Trubisky is gone for any period of time. 

Oh yeah I'm sure they'll pick up one for the PS. But it'll definitely just be Bray promoted as back-up, no way we sign anyone new to the 53.

I know the guy is old and already retired once, but forget QBs, best FA acquisition you could get that would help the Bears is Dante Scarnechhia.

Owners always poach the wrong coach off BB staff.

Aside from players, Brady and BB, Scarnechhia is guy most responsible for sustained Patriots success.   When he wasn't there it was noticed.