Trubisky 2019 season development & growth thread

malagabears

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It’s too early for these stats to mean anything significant.

That said I don’t think you can separate stats from the impact a limited QB/OL have on the offensive game plan. When the play of your OL and QB shrinks the field it’s going to be hard for skill players to find space and break tackles. This is why KC and New Orleans can run out receivers nobody’s ever heard of and they look like pro bowlers.

33 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I'm all for trading a draft pick for Rosen, Mariota, Bortles, Winston, and then sending some very convincing secret bags of cash to Andrew Luck's hosue, and someone nabbing Cutler and tossing him in the back of the van.  Time to throw pasta at the wall. 

Bortles and Mariota blow. It's becoming clear that perhaps Rosen isn't all that good either. Winston is a poor man's Cutler. Best to just ride with what they have for now

Bringing Mariota in seems like a pretty obvious move between how he fits in an RPO offense and his connections with Helfrich.

I could see the Bears signing him to a 2 year 36 million/10 guaranteed deal.

Year 1: 10 million
Year 2: 26 million *becomes guaranteed on the day after the league year opens.

Essentially a 1 year 10 million guaranteed deal with a 26 million dollar option that the Bears can pick up if he becomes the starter and has success.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Bortles and Mariota blow. It's becoming clear that perhaps Rosen isn't all that good either. Winston is a poor man's Cutler. Best to just ride with what they have for now

Disagree on Mariota, he has been in a horrible situation most of his career.

He would be worth bringing in to compete with Trubisky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Based on omissions, I take it you're cool with letting Cutler and Luck compete with Mitch for the starting job?

Sorry, I should probably quit following football