Trubisky 2019 season development & growth thread

malagabears

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

That shoulder injury is nasty in terms of pain,  it's really distracting to the point where you can't sleep at night.  For a QB that has had a really hard time processing this is not going to help. 

I expect Daniel to look more like Daniel this weekend, which should quiet down the geniuses calling for Daniel to stay in going forward, but I am really worried about what Trubisky's mental state is going to be coming back against a pretty good defense in NO.  There are lots of asterisks like OL and playcall, but if we're being honest with ourselves he looked a lot worse than last year before his injury.  I'm totally fine being the first idiot on the trade-train for Rosen. 

Agree on Daniel. He will likely not collapse like vs NYG but not as good as he did last week. 

I'm not worried about Tru actually. If he comes back and leads then I have a lot more confidence in him long term. If not I am looking at a QB with our first pick. It sucks but it's come to a point either he needs to progress or the Bears move on and keep the talent around on defense. 

I'm not a Rosen fan. If I'm trading a 6th then fine but I'm not going to expect him to run this system immediately and would rather take a younger QB with a higher ceiling in the next draft. Seems like a waste of a midround and earlier pick. 

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

The silver lining, if any, is that this injury is to his non throwing shoulder so there should not be any concerns with it affecting his play going forward throughout his career.

Not long term, but he won't be scrambling anytime soon and that is a big part of his game.

If O line doesn't get better, and they seem to take turns being crappy this year, then fans and perhaps Org. will lose all faith in him.

Leno decided to suck last game it looks like.  Haven't had time to finish my play by play of last game, but watch "film don't lie" last night and they had some pretty damning highlights of Leno.

I can tell you in earlier games Whitehair, Daniels and Long have sucked at various spots.  Long has near consistently sucked.  He has been more bad than good.

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Not long term, but he won't be scrambling anytime soon and that is a big part of his game.

If O line doesn't get better, and they seem to take turns being crappy this year, then fans and perhaps Org. will lose all faith in him.

Leno decided to suck last game it looks like.  Haven't had time to finish my play by play of last game, but watch "film don't lie" last night and they had some pretty damning highlights of Leno.

I can tell you in earlier games Whitehair, Daniels and Long have sucked at various spots.  Long has near consistently sucked.  He has been more bad than good.

Rewatched the Vikings game last night, thought Leno was bad when watching it live, when watching it again... he was worse. I get he's up against a couple of damn good pass rushers in Griffen and Hunter, but he got beat like a drum on a number of occasions, missed assignments in the run and screen game too.

Had a close look at Larsen too with how poor Long was in week 3. Larsen is not a good pass blocker, seemed to drive some guys back in the run game but was struggling against the pass rush of Minnesota's #93. Coward actually looked solid when he came in at RG, but you could probably count the amount of pass pro reps he had on one hand, so it's kind of an incomplete evaluation. 

That's just my untrained eye looking at it. But Leno is a problem if he plays like that on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Revolting if true...  Eli has been bad for a long time, and even when he was "good" it was always inexplicable and non-repeatable.  

The way this team is playing right now it appears that multiple positions have dug themselves into holes, not sure we can give up draft capital to trade for a no-upside caretaker solution. Only QB I could see trading for would be someone with big upside and cheap, which is a small list, and we'd still have big issues.   If they can't turn it around after the bye and have OL and QB playing significantly better, this season is shot anyway and they'll need to make fixes in the offseason.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Revolting if true...  Eli has been bad for a long time, and even when he was "good" it was always inexplicable and non-repeatable.  

The way this team is playing right now it appears that multiple positions have dug themselves into holes, not sure we can give up draft capital to trade for a no-upside caretaker solution. Only QB I could see trading for would be someone with big upside and cheap, which is a small list, and we'd still have big issues.   If they can't turn it around after the bye and have OL and QB playing significantly better, this season is shot anyway and they'll need to make fixes in the offseason.

Could not agree more. I'd be so pissed off if we traded for Eli. He's terrible, and it'd destroy Mitch. I don't know what the answer is, but I know what it's not - Eli Manning. 

3 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Could not agree more. I'd be so pissed off if we traded for Eli. He's terrible, and it'd destroy Mitch. I don't know what the answer is, but I know what it's not - Eli Manning. 

If I had to guess this was some sort of due diligence in case Mitch wasn't coming back soon and Daniel was hurt.

If they wanted to (gag) start Eli, you would both lose Mitch, plus give up capital to a QB with no upside going forward. 

For a while I was actually thinking they could trade for Rosen, but he would have the same if not worse issues as Mitch in this offense.  I think you could work around the TEs right now, but there is no getting around: OL, playcalling, run game, QB play, except from within and with on-team talent.  

Would be pretty cool if Mitch provides a spark when he comes back.  Also cool if lottery won. 

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears just need to ride it out with Mitch and see what happens. This does not look like a playoff team so lets use the season to make a final decision on Mitch.

The bigger question is who gets to draft the next QB. I sure as hell don;t want Pace involved.