Trubisky 2019 season development & growth thread

malagabears

20 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Disagree on Mariota, he has been in a horrible situation most of his career.

He would be worth bringing in to compete with Trubisky.

Agreed Windy. I mean he was basically in a situation we are all to familiar with. Constant OC changes and pretty much zero confidence. Not to mention I think they are near the bottom in dropped passes and pressure allowed. Not exactly a recipe for success. I think his benching is extremely foolish in any case. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Agreed Windy. I mean he was basically in a situation we are all to familiar with. Constant OC changes and pretty much zero confidence. Not to mention I think they are near the bottom in dropped passes and pressure allowed. Not exactly a recipe for success. I think his benching is extremely foolish in any case. 

I do not think he is that good, but bring him in and see if you can Alex Smith him. It at least gives you an option.

Couldn't one argue that Cutler was in horrible situations his entire career, too? There comes a point when a reason turns into an excuse. Before the year Ben Allbright, who's becoming very well plugged in, reported that a lot of people inside the TEN organization were beginning to wonder if they were wasting a great D with Mariota at QB. Sound familiar? Pass.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

You are going to have to be more specific.  We are all idiots here.

Idk, we have several posts in the last couple days suggesting replacing a 3rd year QB (who oh btw the last time we saw him for more than 3 plays threw 3 TDs, had a passer rating over 100, and is now 13-4 in his last 17 games, 17-12 for his career), with guys who the teams that drafted are giving up on after 5 years of perennially underperforming.  It's a joke.  QB development is not instantaneous, and you posted the stats about hownhenis throwing among the least amount of "bad" throws in the league while simultaneously getting next to no hope from his skill players, or his oline.  Cmon gimme a break.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Idk, we have several posts in the last couple days suggesting replacing a 3rd year QB (who oh btw the last time we saw him for more than 3 plays threw 3 TDs, had a passer rating over 100, and is now 13-4 in his last 17 games, 17-12 for his career), with guys who the teams that drafted are giving up on after 5 years of perennially underperforming.  It's a joke.  QB development is not instantaneous, and you posted the stats about hownhenis throwing among the least amount of "bad" throws in the league while simultaneously getting next to no hope from his skill players, or his oline.  Cmon gimme a break.

He's at the top of the Bad Throw Rate stats because he's rarely asked to throw the ball downfield. There are 2 QBs with fewer Air Yards per Attempt: Mason Rudolph and Josh Rosen.

I'm not even going to address YAC because it's completely unfair to look at that number and pin the blame entirely on the Bears' skill players. 

9 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

He's at the top of the Bad Throw Rate stats because he's rarely asked to throw the ball downfield. There are 2 QBs with fewer Air Yards per Attempt: Mason Rudolph and Josh Rosen.

I'm not even going to address YAC because it's completely unfair to look at that number and pin the blame entirely on the Bears' skill players. 

Thru 4 games, after leading the league in deep throws last year.  Maybe the air yards are low bc the oline cant protect long enough for him to finish his drop half the time.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Thru 4 games, after leading the league in deep throws last year.  Maybe the air yards are low bc the oline cant protect long enough for him to finish his drop half the time.  

@abstract_thought

I didn't say replace him.  I just thought Mariota news was apt since they have a lot in common.  

I think Mariota basically is MT.  Just further down the road.  Same size, arm strength athletic ability etc.  Same draft pick.   A lot in common.  

MT can still theoretically become what Mariota never did, but it looks at this point like they are traveling same path.  They both look really good sometimes and really bad sometimes, but more mediocre than good.

I think all proposed solutions will be problematic and Luck isn't realistic.  There are no good answers other than MT and O line plays a lot better than they have to date.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

But hey Mariota is the answer for sure because a professional organization is to blame for him being bad, not him.