NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

17 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Another wild theory:

If your vocal about injustice bejng wrong, then be vocal about it being wrong everywhere.

Yeah, how about no. Have we not seen enough of this “you don’t care about ___ so why should I care about anything” dynamic in politics recently to not see what the endgame of that is? Not productive for anyone.

Edited by BroncoBruin

Just now, pwny said:

He failed. That doesn’t mean we write off his other concerns and keep pushing that failure as a reason nothing he says holds weight.

But I guess the only way to silence an argument we don’t like but have no logical reasons to back us up is to just unilaterally use past failures to discredit any concerns anyone has. 

It’s not past failures, it’s present. He and the rest of the league refuse to say anything. But go on!

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

He failed. That doesn’t mean we write off his other concerns and keep pushing that failure as a reason nothing he says holds weight.

But I guess the only way to silence an argument we don’t like but have no logical reasons to back us up is to just unilaterally use past failures to discredit any concerns anyone has. 

Does anyone really believe that there are people out there going, "man, when I saw that guy executed I was outraged, but it's hard to stay mad at that because LeBron didn't denounce China like I wanted him to".

It's not on the rest of society to post a video of someone dying and then belabor the point of why someone else should care. You either do or you don't, and if you watched that video and your initial reaction is to talk about LeBron James and China, you don't care.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Yeah, how about no. Have we not seen enough of this “you don’t care about ___ so why should I care about anything” dynamic in politics recently to not see what the endgame of that is? 

That’s not the position. 

It is this - Lebron and the NBA are getting laughed off because they stand for social justice here, but not for the people in a country that has hundreds of thousands in concentration camps (among other things) because it will too harshly effect their pockets. That doesn’t mean I, or others, don’t care about the issues they’re bringing up.

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

It’s not past failures, it’s present. He and the rest of the league refuse to say anything. But go on!

It’s a great concern you have. Too bad I’ve never seen you denounce the injustice in Myanmar. Step aside, your opinion means nothing.