Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

Just now, Broncofan said:

It sucks for you that this is the one year that Infinity Wars & Endgame isn't opening.   I've been to the premiere both nights instead of Day 1 lol.

Something will be out by then. Black Widow? Shang Chi? Dr. Strange 2?

Gimmie something, Disney...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Texans are due a comp 3rd for Tyrann Mathieu, and I THINK they could get another 3rd for Kareem Jackson...

But yeah, BOB might be pushing all in.

Kareem could be a Pro Bowl selection, that would seal it with his contract, assuming BoB doesn't spend big on FA.  That last part though....BoB would restructure to cap hell for 10 years if he could spend big lol.   Hopefully your GM gets hired way before FA signing day in March.

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, Broncofan said:

Kareem could be a Pro Bowl selection, that would seal it with his contract.

I'm still miffed we didn't even try to sign him. I get not signing Mathieu at $14mm/per, but Jackson at $10mm/per was perfect.

A major team leader, a tone setter as a hitter, could play in the slot or over the top as a S, could play in the box - versatile and assertive, he only got in trouble on the boundaries.

Ugh, so dumb to let him walk.

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm still miffed we didn't even try to sign him. I get not signing Mathieu at $14mm/per, but Jackson at $10mm/per was perfect.

A major team leader, a tone setter as a hitter, could play in the slot or over the top as a S, could play in the box - versatile and assertive, he only got in trouble on the boundaries.

Ugh, so dumb to let him walk.

I confess I was irate when we signed Jackson - age 31, huge injury history - and more $ than Harris Jr. contract, which led to the offseason holdout threat at OTA's (which only resolved when Elway gave Harris a small raise and a guarantee he wasn't getting franchise-tagged at end of 2019, which is why we are here talking Harris at the trade deadline).   But mostly because Jackson wasn't going to be a difference-maker when we'd return to contention.   Elway's habit of win-now signings with no future potential is the 2nd biggest reason that still exists in his GM profile why the team sucks (his inability to ID QB talent properly being #1A, and horrific Day 1-2 draft approach being 1B in the past - but as of 2018,  he appears to have changed  draft approach with metrics & skills-based approach instead of solely-for-need-Rd-1 and insane-tool-but-no-skills Day 2 approach in 2013-7, so 2018-9 have yielded guys like Sutton & Risner Day 2).

That last part about Jackson not helping us when we are finally ready to contend is still a huge concern, because we don't look ready until 2021 at earliest - but for the player, he's been everything Fangio was looking for in a safety.   His tone setting as a 190-lb guy is eye-opening, and his coverage / instincts without being exposed on the boundary is definitely top 5 level safety play.   I'll be very surprised if he's not a Pro Bowl selection outright.    I'll gladly say it was a good signing, even if it's not a game-changer for us overall.  I'm just sad he likely won't be a key guy for us when we are legit contenders, but that's not on him.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Keep hearing Robby Anderson to Carolina. Interesting one. Makes sense in a way though. We have a LOT of trade history with NYJ.

If the reports are true that he’s available, I’d expect Howie and the Eagles to be on it.

they wanted him last year, brings a much needed skill set to the team, and Joe Douglas being up there now makes it simpler. Especially cause there are players we have that Joe had a hand in getting. So more could be on the table.

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

Keep hearing Robby Anderson to Carolina. Interesting one. Makes sense in a way though. We have a LOT of trade history with NYJ.

With the O that CAR is running and Kyle Allen as their QB, don't see it.   Curtis Samuel is already a decent vertical threat.

The 2 teams that make a ton of sense:  PHI (duh, I think D-Jax has a core injury, not just abdominal strain, if that deal happens)...and wait for it - ARI.  The key is that Anderson's price can't be crazy.   But ARI's attack with him as a vertical threat (and them combined with Kirk & Fitz) - that would be INSANE for their O.   

Normally, you'd say that's crazy talk.  But keep in mind ARI is 3-3-1 and GM Keim is very much on the hot seat to keep his job for 2020.   If it "only" costs him a 5th or later to do it - it wouldn't shock me at all.  Of course, Howie Roseman might have something to say about that lol.

20 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Mandalorian series, comes with Disney streaming service in Nov. 😎

Carl Weathers is in that. That's quite literally my only interest on that effort. Gotta see if he's gonna get a stew goin...

(The Last Jedi kinda burned me out on Star Wars properties... taking a bit of a break).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Carl Weathers is in that. That's quite literally my only interest on that effort. Gotta see if he's gonna get a stew goin...

(The Last Jedi kinda burned me out on Star Wars properties... taking a bit of a break).

Amen. All of the recent Star Wars have flopped for me apart from Han Solo. Backstory there was kind of cool and....it's Han Solo.

Boba Fett fan, and a fan of Mandalorians in general....so fingers crossed it doesn't suck to the max.