Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If all it's taking is a 5th, Ravens should be all over this.

Issue seems to be that he's on the last year of his deal and is in a Melvin Gordon type situation where his contract demand figures are higher than anyone other than him and his agent think he's worth.

13 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Why would someone trade for Andy Dalton?

Why wouldn't you if you were a team that has back up quarterback problems? I would, in a heartbeat (assuming that the Bengals take on the majority of the salary). He also may even be an upgrade in a place like Chicago. But seriously, if I were a team like New England, I'd be interested if the Bengals are converting salary and I can use him as a back up. Buffalo? Wouldn't be a bad play for a team like the eagles as a back up. 

Again, this is all based on the idea of the Bengals eating his remaining base by converting most of it to a bonus. 

3 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Thinking the Bears if the they can’t get Teddy B or someone else 

Dalton ain’t very good but rather have him than Trubisky 

Unless the Bears are offering something ridiculous the Saints arent trading Teddy B.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Unless the Bears are offering something ridiculous the Saints arent trading Teddy B.

Nor should they. Look at how valuable it was to have him this year. It's the same way niner fans feel about Nick Mullens. We'd be okay with moving him in a really nice offer, but otherwise, we'd rather keep him because at least he looks competent, and that's not the easiest thing to get out of a back up quarterback. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Nor should they. Look at how valuable it was to have him this year. It's the same way niner fans feel about Nick Mullens. We'd be okay with moving him in a really nice offer, but otherwise, we'd rather keep him because at least he looks competent, and that's not the easiest thing to get out of a back up quarterback. 

Exactly.  I mean we all love Taysom... but Teddy B is who we need if Brees were to go down again, especially if we wanted to still have Super Bowl aspirations.  I think the least I would take for Teddy B is a conditional pick that is a 1st if they make the playoffs, otherwise it's 2 2nds or something similar.