Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

Just now, JoshstraDaymus said:

He doesn't want to leave
He's still got more than a few good years with him
He could assist in the development of whatever QB Cincy trots out.

He staying.

Honestly, though I think that they should trade him if they are getting good offers (2nd round pick or something), there are worse reasons to keep a guy then having him there to coach up the next wave of guys who will take over for him eventually. He's a good influence, a good dude from everything I have ever seen or heard. So while I don't think it would be the path I would take as the Bengals, I won't completely put them on blast for something like that, especially if he's not really in a hurry to leave (and there's been no indication that he is). 

42 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

No one's trading for the horrible contract the Jets gave Bell lol

You are so misinformed. A team acquiring him is essentially on the hook for 1.5 years, $14.75 million. Hardly a horrible contract for one of the best backs in football. 

Let's be clear: the Jets should've never signed him in the first place; Mike Maccagnan was desperate, and Le'Veon was his prized FA acquisition/publicity stunt. Rumor is the coaching staff preferred Tevin Coleman and use the remaining resources on Matt Paradis. Le'Veon has been a leader and is far from a problem, but he's unfortunately not the solution. He essentially has 1.5 years left on his contract on a rebuilding team... makes no sense for the Jets to hold onto him if they can receive a premium pick in return, and I think they should make that trade if it comes to fruition (i.e. a 2nd round pick). 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

You are so misinformed. A team acquiring him is essentially on the hook for 1.5 years, $14.75 million. Hardly a horrible contract for one of the best backs in football. 

Let's be clear: the Jets should've never signed him in the first place; Mike Maccagnan was desperate, and Le'Veon was his prized FA acquisition/publicity stunt. Rumor is the coaching staff preferred Tevin Coleman and use the remaining resources on Matt Paradis. Le'Veon has been a leader and is far from a problem, but he's unfortunately not the solution. He essentially has 1.5 years left on his contract on a rebuilding team... makes no sense for the Jets to hold onto him if they can receive a premium pick in return, and I think they should make that trade if it comes to fruition (i.e. a 2nd round pick). 

lol

no one is giving a "premium pick" for him.

11 minutes ago, Raves said:

Exactly.  I mean we all love Taysom... but Teddy B is who we need if Brees were to go down again, especially if we wanted to still have Super Bowl aspirations.  I think the least I would take for Teddy B is a conditional pick that is a 1st if they make the playoffs, otherwise it's 2 2nds or something similar.

I think that we tend to think of players as pieces on a board game. It's just not that simple. Yes, statistically, Brees is likely to stay healthy and the Saints will never need Teddy. Yes, it will probably be difficult to retain Teddy after this season. And yes, Teddy's trade stock may not be higher than it is right now. But you just can't downplay Teddy's importance to the locker room. He is one of the most beloved players on the team. He personifies the Saints current success story as a team...you stay humble, you work hard, you put the team first, and make the most of your opportunity. You just can't afford to trade Teddy right now. The Saints are so close...this is the greatest team they have had in franchise history. Do not do anything that can mess this team up.

• Like 1