2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yeah, they wore the buzzers. 

Joel Sherman -  Reached out to Scott Boras about his client Jose Altuve: “When this came up today, Jose Altuve immediately contacted me and this is his statement: ‘I have never worn an electronic device in my performance as a major league player.’

I asked Boras about Altuve not wanting to have his shirt ripped off as he came to home plate to end the ALCS and Boras said, "that is the shyness of Jose Altuve." Said his client didn't want the shirt ripped off.

In 2015, the Mets medical staff nixed a trade of Carlos Gomez for Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores. The next day Gomez and Mike Fiers were traded to the Astros for 4 players. Had the Mets medical staff not nixed the deal, Fiers never joins the Astros and never tells the press that the Astros were stealing signs. Carlos Beltran is never investigated, and the Mets never have to fire him.

The Mets basically fired their own manager 5 years before they hired him.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

In 2015, the Mets medical staff nixed a trade of Carlos Gomez for Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores. The next day Gomez and Mike Fiers were traded to the Astros for 4 players. Had the Mets medical staff not nixed the deal, Fiers never joins the Astros and never tells the press that the Astros were stealing signs. Carlos Beltran is never investigated, and the Mets never have to fire him.

The Mets basically fired their own manager 5 years before they hired him.

Had the Mets not traded Beltran in the first place he could’ve finished his career in orange and blue and never had any opportunity to cheat