MNF: Browns @ 49ers

Manny/Patrick

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Well Greg Robinson is trash first of all. Has been his whole career. He will make an occasional good Block, that's it.

The rest of that Oline is patchwork backup quality

LT, RG, and RT all need to be upgraded. Bitonio has had a bit of a down year but has always been good. Tretter is above average.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Cowherd saying trade OBJ already. Lol!!!!!

Honestly....I wouldn't do it, of course, but I get where he's coming from. Right now, something is not working there. Now, this could all just be a byproduct of the offensive line,  it does kind of feel like OBJ is kind of a square peg in a round hole. Sometimes, the fit just doesn't seem to work. Tate on the Eagles last year was a pretty good example in my opinion. I don't feel like Baker has had difficulty incorporating other players into the game flow, and I do agree with Colin that at this point, it's a team that should absolutely be running through Chubb (and Hunt when he gets back), which makes OBJ slightly superfluous. I do think that you have to give it far longer than 4-5 games, though, so no, I wouldn't entertain moving OBJ, but I do understand the thought process. 

Just now, Forge said:

Honestly....I wouldn't do it, of course, but I get where he's coming from. Right now, something is not working there. Now, this could all just be a byproduct of the offensive line,  it does kind of feel like OBJ is kind of a square peg in a round hole. Sometimes, the fit just doesn't seem to work. Tate on the Eagles last year was a pretty good example in my opinion. I don't feel like Baker has had difficulty incorporating other players into the game flow, and I do agree with Colin that at this point, it's a team that should absolutely be running through Chubb (and Hunt when he gets back), which makes OBJ slightly superfluous. 

It's way too early to say definitely, but is there any doubt as to who has won the OBJ trade so far? Peppers and Lawrence have been our 2 best defensive players so far, and Ximines is one of the best rookie pass rushers in the NFL in terms of both sacks and pressure rate.

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

It's way too early to say definitely, but is there any doubt as to who has won the OBJ trade so far? Peppers and Lawrence have been our 2 best defensive players so far, and Ximines is one of the best rookie pass rushers in the NFL in terms of both sacks and pressure rate.

The browns still won

Just now, minutemancl said:

Yeah, mainly too early, I agree. I could give a whole line of thought about whether the giants "won" the trade given how bad the defense still is (suggesting that there was no actual net gain for them), but it requires variables that simply can't be quantified. So yeah, for me, I'd simply wait a little longer. If those players become a core piece of a defense that becomes stable and at least above average, I would definitely revisit.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Other then not having OBJ putting un due pressure on Jones to force feed him the ball ala Eli, I'm not seeing the advantage,  yet?

Despite everything mentioned above they're still one of the worst Defenses in the league? Are you happy with the WR"s Jones is working with or would a Top 5 WR be making his life a lot easier on offense?

I for one don't fear the players you listed above but Still to this day would have been scared to death as a Eagle fan during Giants week facing a OBJ, Saquon, Engram Trio that Jones could of had for years to come.

I think it was a fabulous trade!🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

OBJ basically missed all of camp with injuries, so that could also be an explanation as to why he and Baker aren't clicking/totally in sync right now, aside from  the myriad of other aforementioned issues. Then again, that's not really a popular or hot takey opinion, so it's probably not worth discussing. 

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Other then not having OBJ putting un due pressure on Jones to force feed him the ball ala Eli, I'm not seeing the advantage,  yet?

Despite everything mentioned above they're still one of the worst Defenses in the league? Are you happy with the WR"s Jones is working with or would a Top 5 WR be making his life a lot easier on offense?

I for one don't fear the players you listed above but Still to this day would have been scared to death as a Eagle fan during Giants week facing a OBJ, Saquon, Engram Trio that Jones could of had for years to come.

I think it was a fabulous trade!🍺

The defense definitely is very bad, but it's not like they are bad because of those players. It would be way worse without them. But I get your point. We could be sitting here this time next year saying "damn, I wish DJ had a stud WR to throw to" and OBJ could be tearing it up. Like I said, it's way too early to say for sure.

Ignoring injuries, pass catching weapons has not been an issue for the Giants so far this year though. Engram looks fantastic, Shepard is great, Tate is back, and Slayton is making an impact.