The Giants about to go on a run starting with an upset over Patriots!

Gmen

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

He will be the best QB they play against so far this year...

Jones is 30th in passer rating among all players who have thrown more than one pass this year. (25th among players who have thrown more than 50)

He is terrible in every single passer statistic this year except for the Charlie Batch special of QBR (and maybe rating on passes that travel less than 10 air yards xD)

I think QBR really likes TD runs where the back 7 ignore you or where the contain guy is spinning around and facing the goal post when you take off

• We could call the less than 10 air yards stat the Mirer-Harrington Index!

The Patriots have faced Roethlisberger and 5 bad QBs so far this year. Jones will be bad QB #6.

• I get that Josh Allen has ran for 11 TDs already in his career, but he really needs to figure out that forward pass thing at some point.
  • Like 1

The Giants are going to be without Saquon, Sheppard, Gallman, and possibly Evan Engram. After the Giants beat the Patriots in New England this Thursday, I say we skip the formalities and start fitting Daniel Jones for a gold jacket. 

35 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I just looked at the injury report.

Alec Ogletree, Lorenzo Carter, Evan Engram, Sterling Shepard, Wayne Gallman, Nate Solder, and Saquon all limited or worse.

Do Golden Tate, Darius Slayton, Rhett Ellison, and Jon Hilliman scare you? Oof. Pats by a lot.

Daniel Jones to Darius Slayton all day. Pick up both rookies on your fantasy team. Thank me later.

Um no....no Barkley, no Gallman, no Shepard...looking like it's going to be a long and tough game for the rookie QB.  I expect this game to be the Daniel Jones welcome to the NFL/rude awakening game.  That said I like Jones but Bill has a way of messing with young QB's.

This one I can take a little more seriously. But only a little. :D

Playing it straight: the Giants have a fighting chance, but that's about it. They just got stomped by the Vikings, and the Patriots are better coached and far more resilient. Playing them in Foxboro is like being fed to the lions (lowercase). For New York to win, the Patriots need to have a bad game--which occasionally happens midseason--and the Giants defense has to play out of their minds, with Danny Dimes bouncing back from last week in a huge way.