GDT 6 Browns vs. the Neon Pigeons, or get me to the bye week already

Bucketheadsdad

How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

EGzr3EOXUAAsBcR?format=png&name=small

the ball literally hit Callaway in the hands and the chest. Yes it was a tough catch but we are acting like it was horrible ball placement. Not the greatest but when the ball hits a WR like that, they should catch it. Sorry

No, that frame is selective evidence and a distortion of what actually happened on many accounts.

1.) Freeze framing that where you have and saying "it hit him in his chest" again distorts what actually happened in real time as Callaway was in a dead sprint and the fast ball hit him on his lower thigh behind him but his attempt to reach back and pull it in brought the ball upwards (as we saw it popped up in the air). In no way shape or form did it hit him in his chest or in his hands and to suggest otherwise is just selective evidence presentation or interpretation.

2.) That sideline angle doesn't give a true accounting of the depth of field as it looks like the front of his knees and the ball are on the same plane. They were not at all that ball is far behind. All-22 Angle gives a better look at how far the ball was behind Callaway and how he not only had to reach back, stop his forward momentum but also go low.

3.) Once again, freeze framing or slow motion from TV angle doesn't paint a picture of the fastball and where it was located relative to where Callaway was positioned. 

Just now, Mind Character said:

No, that frame is selective evidence and a distortion of what actually happened on many accounts.

1.) Freeze framing that where you have and saying "it hit him in his chest" again distorts what actually happened in real time as Callaway was in a dead sprint and the fast ball hit him on his lower thigh behind him but his attempt to reach back and pull it in brought the ball upwards (as we saw it popped up in the air). In no way shape or form did it hit him in his chest or in his hands and to suggest otherwise is just selective evidence presentation or interpretation.

2.) That sideline angle doesn't give a true accounting of the depth of field as it looks like the front of his knees and the ball are on the same plane. They were not at all that ball is far behind. All-22 Angle gives a better look at how far the ball was behind Callaway and how he not only had to reach back, stop his forward momentum but also go low.

3.) Once again, freeze framing or slow motion from TV angle doesn't paint a picture of the fastball and where it was located relative to where Callaway was positioned. 

Stop over analyzing. Should’ve been a catch. Could’ve been placed better. The end. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah bull****. It wasn’t quite accurate but that’s completely on Callaway. My buddy’s daughter could make that catch. 

holy hell @sdrawkcab321 could make that play. And he’s a pessimist. 

Watch the All 22. 

You're out of your mind if you think some regular joe is making that catch.

I hate that you all are going to make me waste time cutting a clip of the All 22 and freeze sequencing it... smh... 

It was a bad and very inaccurate pass. Callaway has to somehow make that catch. It's in no way completely on Callaway. I hate you all. lol.

Edited by Mind Character

12 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Stop over analyzing. Should’ve been a catch. Could’ve been placed better. The end. 

Using one's mind to think.

Looking at the evidence from a more representational on-field play dynamics perspective (All-22 full speed) instead of the TV copy depth of field and speed distortion or slow motion = Over-analyzing.

Got it. Thanks. Good times.

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Using one's mind to think.

Looking at the evidence from a more representational on-field play dynamics perspective (All-22 full speed) instead of the TV copy depth of field and speed distortion or slow motion = Over-analyzing.

Got it. Thanks. Good times.

No. It’s just that if I was as awesome as you and watched all 22 tape I would’ve come up with the same 10 word conclusion. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Watch the All 22. 

You're out of your mind if you think some regular joe is making that catch.

I hate that you all are going to make me waste time cutting a clip of the All 22 and freeze sequencing it... smh... 

It was a bad and very inaccurate pass. Callaway has to somehow make that catch. It's in no way completely on Callaway. I hate you all. lol.

Nobody is saying it was a good pass, it wasn’t. But Callaway HAS to make that catch. 

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Russell Wilson rivals Brady and Mahomes. Yeah I said it. And we almost won. We’re gonna be okay.

Yeah people just want to piss and moan, but we should be giving credit to Wilson for playing awesome. He had a great game and so did that Carson cat. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Nobody is saying it was a good pass, it wasn’t. But Callaway HAS to make that catch. 

Exactly. It was an adequate pass, imo, in that he should’ve caught it. He gave him a chance but a good pass obviously puts it in front of him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

@sdrawkcab321

He didn’t flash either. These are the types of games he puts together... silently. He’s like the 007 of DEs.

Yeah I don't get why people have been so critical of him. He certainly hasn't been flashy but he's held his own. Obviously I'd like for him to get more sacks but DEs can impact the game in other ways besides just sacking the QB.

The OL played better. But like we saw vs. Seattle, NYJ and Baltimore... they can survive against teams with a lackluster pass rush. But any team with an above average pass rush kills them. That tells me that they may not be at the very bottom echelon of OLs in the league, but they are still way below average. Unless they miraculously turn it around the rest of the season, I very much expect both of our OTs to be replaced next year. Kush could stand being replaced as well, but I'd say he's been serviceable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah I don't get why people have been so critical of him. He certainly hasn't been flashy but he's held his own. Obviously I'd like for him to get more sacks but DEs can impact the game in other ways besides just sacking the QB.

The problem is that if Myles Garrett isn’t putting pressure on the quarterback, nobody is. The obvious guy to look to is the other defensive end. He’s just not affecting that aspect of the game at all.