GDT 6 Browns vs. the Neon Pigeons, or get me to the bye week already

Bucketheadsdad

How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many offensive linemen will John Dorsey draft in 2020?

1 hour ago, matt27j said:

Gotta be honest, there is probably zero chance we stop Russ. No one can. Rbs will probably gash us too if we are so focused on him.

Offense needs to step it up this game. 

My only hope for this game is that its NOT in Seattle, which might give the Browns a extra edge at home and Seattle might look a little slower on the road. Maybe.....i hope.

I have nightmares about what Penny/Carson will do to us if Breida/Coleman ran like it was a track meet.

• Like 1

We will win this week. The colder weather will bother RW and cause him to have his worst game of the season. Seattle has not won in Cleveland since 2001. It will be incredibly close.

We will be 3-3 and we will have a different outlook on our team.

The team is about what I expected. I didn’t expect a blowout last week, but I felt like it would be a loss.

Edited by candyman93

The team has me down but I'm struggling more to deal with the negativity here. We've gone through hopeless seasons where we knew winning any games would be a struggle and that is a good time to be completely negative.

We have one of the most talented QBs in the league. Good skill players. A good pass defense. We have flaws, more glaring than we expected but we have enough to win so at least we have hope. Yes Freddie has shown some struggles through his first 5 games as a head coach, maybe that shouldn't be shocking though I too am disappointed.

Yes Baker hasn't been great but I don't think it is as much on him as it appears. Still no rhythm to the offense and either the play calls need to be better or he needs to be smarter or both. He still has what it takes to be very good in this league so there is still something to cling to.

Maybe we won't be a playoff team. Maybe we will. It will be an uphill battle in the 2nd half of the season to make it work but we can't get worse. Everyone needs to step up without adding more pressure. Play loose, play under control and play smart. Catch the passes that hit your hands, includes OBJ. Take what the defense gives you whether it is running the ball or Baker hitting an outlet. Figure out a way to stop the power run game because everyone is going to be doing that now after two straight weeks of looking foolish trying to stop 8-10 yard runs up the guy. Protect better.

We were riding high last week and now all doom and gloom. It doesn't have to be, not yet. We're still in the thick of it and I believe Freddie will get this offense going and I'm hoping it starts this week.

• Like 1

I'd be shocked if we didn't come out fighting and firing on all cylinders against the Seahawks. Team got embarrassed on Monday night. The coaches are sick of the current state of affairs. Going against top competition where everyone knows they have to be on it.

I just think Russell makes a few more play than Baker. Their defense a few more plays than us.

Seahawks pull away with 5 minutes left in the 4th. 

Final Score: Seattle 34 -- Browns 28.

We feel better about the whole team after but with some concerns regarding if we'll ever get over the hump against contender-type teams this season.

I'd be shocked if we didn't come out fighting and firing on all cylinders against the Seahawks. Team got embarrassed on Monday night. The coaches are sick of the current state of affairs. Going against top competition where everyone knows they have to be on it.

I just think Russell makes a few more play than Baker. Their defense a few more plays than us.

We feel better about the whole team after but with some concerns regarding if we'll ever get over the hump against contender-type teams this season.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well said and I appreciate your excellent insight and input. Wish other guys on here were as smart as you.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

The team has me down but I'm struggling more to deal with the negativity here. We've gone through hopeless seasons where we knew winning any games would be a struggle and that is a good time to be completely negative.

We have one of the most talented QBs in the league. Good skill players. A good pass defense. We have flaws, more glaring than we expected but we have enough to win so at least we have hope. Yes Freddie has shown some struggles through his first 5 games as a head coach, maybe that shouldn't be shocking though I too am disappointed.

Yes Baker hasn't been great but I don't think it is as much on him as it appears. Still no rhythm to the offense and either the play calls need to be better or he needs to be smarter or both. He still has what it takes to be very good in this league so there is still something to cling to.

Maybe we won't be a playoff team. Maybe we will. It will be an uphill battle in the 2nd half of the season to make it work but we can't get worse. Everyone needs to step up without adding more pressure. Play loose, play under control and play smart. Catch the passes that hit your hands, includes OBJ. Take what the defense gives you whether it is running the ball or Baker hitting an outlet. Figure out a way to stop the power run game because everyone is going to be doing that now after two straight weeks of looking foolish trying to stop 8-10 yard runs up the guy. Protect better.

We were riding high last week and now all doom and gloom. It doesn't have to be, not yet. We're still in the thick of it and I believe Freddie will get this offense going and I'm hoping it starts this week.

We are a playoff team. You’re not overly optimistic. 

This team is doing what I expected record wise. Score wise, not so much. However, if we are 3-3 heading into New England, are people honestly going to be upset...?

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Something to pay attention to. Baker has been sacked 16 times, but Wilson has been sacked 13 times.

We need Greedy and Denzel this week. I’d feel much more comfortable with Denzel on a guy like Lockett and Greedy on Metcalf.

Same. Ward practiced. Not sure if greedy did.