MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Locking ourselves into no championships with Giannis. Then again Giannis' largest fault seems to be loyalty so we may have had to do this to keep him. Sounds like 5 years slightly under the max.

Bad franchises stay bad

If we 5 year max Middleton I will revoke anything nice I've ever said about Horst. If that's Giannis' requirement to sign long-term and he won't be happy if we give that money to a better player, we can deal him too and start over. Middleton as a maxed #2 equals no championships in Milwaukee. I'm fairly confident in that, unless he has a playoff run like 2018 in Boston where he just can't miss, he has way too many cold stretches and when he's on one, teams can focus everything on Giannis and eliminate him.

• Like 1

Well, we likely saved enough space to bring Lopez back on a $12+ Million deal with the Snell trade and Leuer stretch (most likely). We could bring back Lopez on a normal contract as long as it's finalized before Brogdon's and Middleton's deals. Then we could focus on using the remaining cap space on George Hill or his replacement. Would then leave us with a room exception in the ~$5 million range should we want to go after another role player (and pay the luxury tax). We would have to renounce Mirotic to create space to sign Lopez so Niko is gone regardless. 

Basically, we're running it back as far as I can tell, minus Niko. 

Edited by beekay414