GDT - week 7 The SHE Gals vs the Damn Boys.

resilient part 2

12 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

You know that I’ve never been one who gloats about wins or about players to fans of other teams, but Wentz was completely outplayed, and quite honestly, outclassed, on the field tonight. I’m no fan of Quincy’s by any stretch, but he was the DECIDEDLY better QB tonight by a very wide margin. Here’s my take:

Wentz played rattled. He didn’t look rattled, but the erratic play proved it. I’m sure that Philly’s shortcomings at RB and lack of talent at WR significantly contributed to it, but his body language was, well, “soft”, if you understand what I mean. I never felt like he had the command of the offense, nor that he was a real threat to beat us. A few plays here and there? Of course. It’s the NFL. But, for all 60 minutes? Nope.

And his offense, for the most part, mirrored that as well.

I don’t know if tonight’s game was just the perfect blend of everything going wrong at the same time (we know what that’s like), or evidence of deep rooted flaws with the team, but I know one thing: Wentz sure as hell isn’t living up to that massive contract. He’s playing like a 2nd-3rd tier QB, not a guy who’s worth that ~$145M extension.

The funny thing is, I sure hope I don't live to regret this, that the Iggles traded away the ONLY QB in the better part of a century to bring their franchise a SB title. And they did this soley based on 1 thing....potential. They want sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly for Wentz to be the 2nd coming of Tom Brady that they were foolish enough to make that trade to Jacksonville. 

Don't get me wrong, given a line and talent, Wentz is as scary as they get. But all he has proven is he had 1 monster year (2017) that he didn't finish, he's NEVER even seen a playoff game so we have no idea what he looks like in that light, he gets injured a lot and looks skittish under pressure.

And all the while, Philly HAD their hero at QB before trading him away the first time, only to recoup him, win a title and then trade him away. And I thought our front office was dumb!

31 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Usually I get the bye week blues, but with how banged up we are, I think it's perfect timing.

Give us a chance to heal up a little. Hopefully we can carry the momentum from this win forward and make something of this season

Tuesday. 11:54 AM. Third day without alcohol due to beating eagles without drinking Sunday. Weird sore spot on my gum line. World smells funny. Body aches. Always thought eagles would be the death of me. But not like this. Not like this. 

• Like 7