MNF: Lions at Packers

Malfatron

who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2019 at 12:33 AM

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, I'm not even sure it actually was a facemask to say nothing of blatant. You're watching a slowed down view at a perfect angle. 

Thank you! I've been dying to hear the truth from a Packers' fan about the play before the hail mary years ago, where one last play was gifted to the Packers due to a phantom facemask call.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Well, considering the ref that had a view of the play called it a TD I think that is pretty and concise evidence of the fact. 

And how exactly do you know what the other ref saw? He obviously saw something to call it turnover on downs. It was a judgment call that went Detroit’s way. 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

But yet someone’s head moving backwards because of a hand firmly planted on their facemask is not a penalty .......

A strike is not illegal hands to the face. Sustained contact is required by the rules.

You may not like this fact, but it is the rule as written

I’ll try and take my leave as gracefully as possible. And my apologies if I was being an ***. If teams were reversed, I’d be upset as well. I just really don’t like blaming the refs and I’ve really tried to stay away from it as much as possible, not to say I’ve been perfect in that regard. Teams have 60 minutes to get their work down, if they can’t, blame should be on them. Did the refs effect this game? Obviously. Should it take away the entire rest of the game? No. These refs have been bad for years and throughout those years, you can point to every team that got hosed or screwed at least a couple times. It’s a part of the game now and every team deals with it. 

6 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

And how exactly do you know what the other ref saw? He obviously saw something to call it turnover on downs. It was a judgment call that went Detroit’s way. 

Well, considering his view of the play was blocked by players in front of him he likely didn’t see enough to call it a TD. 

Just curious if there is any other person this site that agrees with @AlexGreen#20's stance that grabbing shoulder pads = forceable impact to the neck?

Also curious if anyone agrees that the blow to the head is not a penalty (even if it would have been a soft one). And before you answer remember your history lesson that the intent of these rules where to stop the Deacon Jones/Erik Williams head slaps.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A strike is not illegal hands to the face. Sustained contact is required by the rules.

You may not like this fact, but it is the rule as written

It is a foul if an offensive blocker:

Thrusts his hands forward above the frame of an opponent to forcibly contact him on the head, neck, or face;

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2019-nfl-rulebook/#article-3.-illegal-block-by-offensive-player

You're straight making things up.

• Like 1

Just now, Ketchup said:

I’ll try and take my leave as gracefully as possible. And my apologies if I was being an ***. If teams were reversed, I’d be upset as well. I just really don’t like blaming the refs and I’ve really tried to stay away from it as much as possible, not to say I’ve been perfect in that regard. Teams have 60 minutes to get their work down, if they can’t, blame should be on them. Did the refs effect this game? Obviously. Should it take away the entire rest of the game? No. These refs have been bad for years and throughout those years, you can point to every team that got hosed or screwed at least a couple times. It’s a part of the game now and every team deals with it. 

Like I said before, no one here is denying that. I will be one of the first to say they never should have allowed it to get to that point. The Lions drove on them all game long and stalled out in the red zone. That is completely on them. 

I just don’t think a game should have ended like that. The calls that happened earlier in the game are whatever to me. There was time left and an opportunity to win. The call at the end of the game completely took away any chance Detroit had. 

im also flabbergasted that someone is legit trying to defend that call. 

4 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

It is a foul if an offensive blocker:

1. Thrusts his hands forward above the frame of an opponent to forcibly contact him on the head, neck, or face; or
    Note: Contact in close-line play is not a foul, unless it is direct and forcible, or prolonged.

Want to go ahead and read that last word for me?

5 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Honestly, had the last call not literally ended this game, I wouldn't have as much of a concern. The Lions would've had one more chance with the ball. Had they lost, it would've been on them.

Ending the game with a bad call is a miserable feeling.

• Like 1