BDL 2019 Week 7 - Hungary Hippos @ Cuba Smugglers

Whicker

Hungary Hippos @ Cuba Smugglers  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Cuba Smugglers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/24/2019 at 04:00 AM

41 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Sorry if I find it questionable that DK Metcalf is good enough to relentlessly beat Artie. In my opinion he is not.

Any semi-competent receiver is going to have a good game against Burns. I understand hes on your team so hes your guy but you really don't seem to understand just how horrible hes been his whole career. One non-terrible game does not negate the fact that he probably shouldn't even be a reserve player in the BDL, let alone a starting CB.

Edited by rackcs

16 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Any semi-competent receiver is going to have a good game against Burns. I understand hes on your team so hes your guy but you really don't seem to understand just how horrible hes been his whole career. One non-terrible game does not negate the fact that he probably shouldn't even be a reserve player in the BDL, let alone a starting CB.

Good game = 5 receptions, 69 yards, TD

Yeah that’s reasonable, but let’s stop with 11 receptions, 220 yards, 3 TDs.

50 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Good game = 5 receptions, 69 yards, TD

Yeah that’s reasonable, but let’s stop with 11 receptions, 220 yards, 3 TDs.

Don't know where you're getting those second numbers from. But I do think Metcalf would get better numbers than those on Burns. He's ***.

I thought about it and I’m going Cuba. The two good corners for Hungary are staying outside and Julio is going to be moving around and he will have his advantages. I do like the scheme choice by Hungary but I think some of those occasions those corners get beat off the jam and have to play catch up to some speed to get back to their cover 3 assignments. I know there is talk of Artie Burns being trash and yes he isn’t super man but I don’t see him getting torched over and over all game. He will give some things up but Cuba still wins this.

The last 3 weeks Goff has only one turn over so I think there be a bit of averaging out of the season going on while Watson has 4 over the past three weeks but I respect your contributions. Coming down to the wire.

Edited by PR

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

The OTs for Hungary have been poopie this year and I think this allows Cuba to get pressure quickly enough so that a scary horrible Burns doesn't completely cost them the game.  

One note on yours: Olsen was slotted to Van Noys side of the line to help chipblock with the OT.  Hughes has 1.5 sacks through 7 weeks so I don't think the other OT will have that much trouble but I do respect your opinion and thoughts.

Edited by PR

17 minutes ago, PR said:

One note on yours: Olsen was slotted to Van Noys side of the line to help chipblock with the OT.  Hughes has 1.5 sacks through 7 weeks so I don't think the other OT will have that much trouble but I do respect your opinion and thoughts.

Solder really has been bad this year and Conklin is horrifyingly inconsistent for the Titans.  And while Hughes doesn't have the sack numbers, he has been quite good at pressuring the QB which is what I care as much if not more about.  

That said, I honestly thought your offense would need another year to develop, but you have turned it around incredibly quickly.  

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Solder really has been bad this year and Conklin is horrifyingly inconsistent for the Titans.  And while Hughes doesn't have the sack numbers, he has been quite good at pressuring the QB which is what I care as much if not more about.  

That said, I honestly thought your offense would need another year to develop, but you have turned it around incredibly quickly.  

Guess I just have one more piece to focus on. Improving OT.

Thanks for the compliments :)

Edited by PR

As others have said, I think the press Cover-3 for Hungary is a little high risk. Teams that have been especially successful with that scheme have a super rangy free safety that can cover mistakes. Harrison Smith is a fantastic safety but from what I've seen that's not his best asset. Hungary in general lacks a true free safety IMO.

On the other side, Cuba makes a game planning mistake by looking at man-coverage beaters and a lot of their gameplan was dedicated to it. I also don't really like (or perhaps couldn't properly discern) the coverage on Larry Fitzgerald alongside the already stated issues with Artie Burns against D.K. Metcalf whom I like a ton.

I think there's a lot of points thrown back and forth through this one. Hungary finds success through Metcalf and Fitzgerald and somewhat through their run game. Cuba finds success with moving Julio/Chark around as well as the occasional deep route. In the end I like the home team to sustain its success a little bit better with superior protection, better QB play, and more explosive playmakers. Very close game