Week 8: Washington (1-6) at VIKINGS (5-2)

swede700

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Wasn’t it pretty much a full yard to go. I’d agree with a QB sneak if it was 4th and inches, but a full yard completely changes that for me. Wouldn’t have minded a fake to Ham and flip it out to Cook, probably would have had a better chance than what was called.

2 hours ago, Krauser said:

Co-sign. 

I like the decision to go for it, love QB sneaks on 4th and inches, but needing a full yard with a smallish QB I’d rather see them hand it off.   

it was maybe half a yard. And rewatching the broadcast replay, it looked more like Cousins just picked the wrong gap.

Edited by SemperFeist

55 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

it was maybe half a yard. And rewatching the broadcast replay, it looked more like Cousins just picked the wrong gap.

If he could have went with Elflein it could have been money. Elflein knew exactly where to fire out to avoid all the defenders.

Pretty good performance by the Vikings overall, and not as close a game as it appeared on the scoreboard. We outperformed them in every phase. Only thing I didn't like was Xavier's play. He nearly clotheslined a receiver without even looking for the ball, drawing an easy DPI in the process.

Fans on Youtube think he's lost interest and has Albert Haynesworth Syndrome. I prefer to think he's just losing his edge. Or maybe it's both.

• Like 1

A Washington team that entered 1-6 against a now 6-2 Minnesota squad tried to take the air out of the ball and improve on its time of possession average of 26:39 that ranked last in the league.

The Redskins, led by former Vikings QB Case Keenum and RB Adrian Peterson, were able to do so in the first half (15:23 to 14:37) but still entered intermission down 13-6. Keenum was unable to play in the second half because of a concussion, and Washington’s time of possession took a major hit with rookie Dwayne Haskins, Jr., in place of Keenum. Haskins’ overthrow of Terry McLaurin just two plays after Washington had stuffed Minnesota on a fourth-and-1 gave the ball right back to Minnesota with 1:59 left in the third quarter.

The Vikings mounted a drive that lasted 6:23 and ended with a field goal by Bailey for a 10-point lead. Minnesota’s defense then forced a three-and-punt, and the offense drained another eight-plus minutes off the clock to salt away the game that lasted just two hours, 39 minutes (the shortest of the 2019 Vikings season).

The Vikings finished with a time of possession margin of 36:36 to 23:24.

https://www.vikings.com/news/stats-that-stood-out-redskins-at-vikings-2019

• Like 1

if, hypothetically, kirk ate those two sacks instead of throwing it away and cook didn't drop his pass, cousins would've finished 24/24. the most attempts on perfect completion % in a game is only 10 so he would've crushed that record. 

the most impressive game from a completion % standpoint is philip rivers last year. he went 28/29 for 259 yards and 3 TDs against arizona. 

1 hour ago, whitehops said:

if, hypothetically, kirk ate those two sacks instead of throwing it away and cook didn't drop his pass, cousins would've finished 24/24.

except... following the sack(s) we would have had a greater distance to go for the first down so passing would still have been likely, only more difficult.