Week 8 non-Viking games

vike daddy

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Not sure I’d trust the secondary to match the speed of the Chiefs receivers. Especially Rhodes, he might be in for a brutal game.

Yeah, you got to pick your poison. If you get into Moore’s face, his timing and  effectiveness are severely limited. 

Just now, marshpit23 said:

Yeah, you got to pick your poison. If you get into Moore’s face, his timing and  effectiveness are severely limited. 

He's certainly not Mahomes and only has 93 career rushing yards. So you know he's not going to scramble or evade the pocket often so that's one less worry. Just gotta get to him when rushing 4 so you can keep more in coverage.

14 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

He's certainly not Mahomes and only has 93 career rushing yards. So you know he's not going to scramble or evade the pocket often so that's one less worry. Just gotta get to him when rushing 4 so you can keep more in coverage.

Ideally, yes. Just not sure we can apply enough pressure with our front four. Man, we use to be pretty damn effective sending the front four, just not so much lately. No time like the present to regain some much needed pressures  on the opponents QB. 

Edited by marshpit23
Tighten up the wording
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Packers were a McCoy fumble from being on the other side of this playing against a guy that was out of football last year. I’m still not convinced that they are as good as their record.

Says the guy who's team got carved up by Chase Daniels who's terrible. Chiefs have a lot of weapons,  pick your poison with that offense. We'll see how you fair against them. We all know Cousins folds under pressure, might be ugly for you guys next week.

9 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Says the guy who's team got carved up by Chase Daniels who's terrible. Chiefs have a lot of weapons,  pick your poison with that offense. We'll see how you fair against them. We all know Cousins folds under pressure, might be ugly for you guys next week.

Very bold to bring up the Bears game like we haven't turned things around significantly in the last 4 games. Cousins has been playing some of the best football in the NFL the last 4 games. The Chiefs are a good team, but there is no reason that the talent of the Vikings shouldn't be able to keep up with the talent of the Chiefs. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Packers were a McCoy fumble from being on the other side of this playing against a guy that was out of football last year. I’m still not convinced that they are as good as their record.

The Packers gave up 188 yards and 17 points in the 2nd quarter.  The other 3 quarters combined they gave up 149 yards and 7 points.  The Chiefs won Q2, and that's about it.  The Chiefs played well, but the Packers were clearly better for majority of the game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, St Vince said:

With the exception of Cook, it was a very bad game for both the Vikings and Cousins.

I am not an avid supporter of Cousins and never have been. However, credit is due where credit is due. He has played significantly better than expected and is one of the best QBs in the league right now. 

Cousins has folded under pressure. That much is true. But while you recite the same old gripes regarding him, which I have no problem with because I have done it too, this season is not the same. He had some trouble early on in GB and played terrible at Chicago, but I’d rather get his (like any other QB not named Brady) poor games out of the way early and rebuild his confidence in himself and everyone around — which is exactly what has transpired.

Let’s not pretend that GB didn’t only come out with a win against us at Lambeau Field, because Cousins decided to gift wrap a lob pass to a jumbled up crowd of three green jerseys in the end zone. He has shown much much more confidence and an ability to not only play well, but come in clutch in crucial moments (the Lions game is an example; a team you should have clearly lost to if it weren’t for multiple bogus calls in your favor. And I wouldn’t have even said anything if it was just one but it was more than one) during this season so as of right now, our struggles are not Cousins; it’s the dormant first half defense and current cracks - though it has been a lot less than last year - in the offensive line.  Which I believe, and strictly because Zimmer is our coach, will be adjusted in due time. We’re still pretty good in the second half.  Held you guys to 0 the entire second half.  

While I don’t believe we would do that to GB again (shut them out the whole second half) since you guys, mainly Rodgers, have improved over the course of the year, nothing else about your team really bothers me personally. You can bring up our very terrible game against Chase Daniels and the Bears but to pretend like this isn’t a completely different team since then is nothing but stubbornness and bias.

There isn’t one game on the schedule that I look forward to more than the Green Bay game.  

Literally all we have to do is run the ball and we win against Green Bay, specifically Green Bay, 

Barring injury I hope we meet each other at full strength and may the actual best team in the North win. 

Edited by Torchezim

8 hours ago, St Vince said:

Chase Daniel is a better and different QB than Trubisky. They prepared for Trubisky. The Bears also have a more dangerous defense than the Chiefs.

The Packers had all week to prepare for Moore and still nearly lost it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Chase Daniel is a better and different QB than Trubisky. They prepared for Trubisky. The Bears also have a more dangerous defense than the Chiefs.

The Packers had all week to prepare for Moore and still nearly lost it. 

I wouldn't say nearly lost it. They capitalized on the opportunities they were afforded and had a couple of lucky breaks (Long Kumerow reception and the Williams TD catch on the throwaway). I think that if they were as good as their record and the national media suggests they would have had a more convincing win against a team with 6 of their best starters out.