Week 8 GDT

SteelKing728

2 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Between Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, and Jackson, the one first round QB from 2018 who everyone thought couldn't play QB in the NFL might actually be the best out of the five of them.

Haha. 

1 minute ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Between Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, and Jackson, the one first round QB from 2018 who everyone thought couldn't play QB in the NFL might actually be the best out of the five of them.

Way too early to pass judgement on Jackson imo. He is good but most of his success is running. He still struggles throwing the football

7 minutes ago, MD4L said:

He was completing almost 68% of his passes last season. I know it’s hard to get behind Cam the passer bc his career resume, but Carolina was 6-2 last year for a reason.

Does he have real injury concerns? Sure. However if he’s actually healthy he’s got an elite offensive line, MVP worthy RB, and some nice toys to create YAC for his accuracy issues. Add in the defense is also among the top ten units in the NFL, and yeah Carolina could be a fearsome team if they’ve got a healthy Cam for the stretch run.

Huh? They were 6-2...until they fell apart and ended 7-9. And Cam completed almost 68 percent, but really that was only good for like 10th in the league or something. All percentages are up now. Not saying he isn't a good player, just not as dynamic and dangerous as he once was, and probably not good enough anymore to elevate that team. I think injuries will always nag him from here on out.

3 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

I’ve watched most Browns games this season. That’s a mid season evaluation. Not something concluded after a catastrophic 1st quarter. Did you see that play design? You’re not gonna day Freddie was partially at fault for that ****?

Trust me, I've been pretty critical of Freddie this season. But this game - at this point at least - isn't on Freddie.

10 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Tbf Seattle pass defense might be the worst in the league, they sacked him only twice, and his kicker missed 2 fg

I'm not sure if that's supposed to negate what I said in my post? I mean all that could be true. I just think bulk passing yardage doesn't mean much anymore. I mean, was that a GREAT performance by Schaub?? 15 years ago, if you put up 450, you probably had a GREAT night at QB.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Way too early to pass judgement on Jackson imo. He is good but most of his success is running. He still struggles throwing the football

I wouldn't say he struggles to throw the football, I would say that he hasn't HAD to throw the football yet because the running has been so damn effective. He didn't struggle to throw the football against Seattle, despite the low numbers. He just didn't do it much and had a few drops on limited passes. We'll obviously get more data.