Jump to content
MKnight82

The Trent Williams Holdout is "Over"

Recommended Posts

 

 

I fully expect Trent to "pull a hamstring" and ask to be put on IR.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

 

 

I fully expect Trent to "pull a hamstring" and ask to be put on IR.  

I hope he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I hope he does.

This is going to turn into such a bigger trainwreck.  I can already see Trent faking injury, and Dan and Bruce suing him for money back.  This is going to get ugly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is actually hilarious.  And good for my health.  Makes me care far less about the 2020 draft, and really anything to do with this team tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super Bowl! 
 

im glad we fired the medical staff so that Trent would return. He’s a man of principle we all should emulate

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like he would be a fool to not play at least a few games. If he has no trade value, he's not going to get what he wants. If he pulls a ***** move like faking an injury, his trade value craters. Either because teams will assume he's actually hurt (yet again) or because they'll see him for what he is at that point. A guy who fakes an injury to get out of playing is not someone you want on your roster, Jalen Ramsey notwithstanding.

The best way for him to get what he wants is to play well for Washington the rest of the season, reiterate his trade demand in the offseason, and get moved somewhere after teams see the film of him "still having it." That's what happened for Duane Brown, and he appears to be pleased with how things turned out for him. Trent should try to follow that script. 

...correction, he should have started following that script about 3-4 weeks ago. But now would be as good a time as any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This is going to turn into such a bigger trainwreck.  I can already see Trent faking injury, and Dan and Bruce suing him for money back.  This is going to get ugly.  

I really see no way this goes well.  You are probably right because now Bruce Allen has to try and save face.

Huge disaster considering we could have undoubtedly got a 1st round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I feel like he would be a fool to not play at least a few games. If he has no trade value, he's not going to get what he wants. If he pulls a ***** move like faking an injury, his trade value craters. Either because teams will assume he's actually hurt (yet again) or because they'll see him for what he is at that point. A guy who fakes an injury to get out of playing is not someone you want on your roster, Jalen Ramsey notwithstanding.

The best way for him to get what he wants is to play well for Washington the rest of the season, reiterate his trade demand in the offseason, and get moved somewhere after teams see the film of him "still having it." That's what happened for Duane Brown, and he appears to be pleased with how things turned out for him. Trent should try to follow that script. 

...correction, he should have started following that script about 3-4 weeks ago. But now would be as good a time as any.

I don't agree with this post.  I think the majority of the league see's the Redskins organization as a joke and does not care that Trent Williams is taking a stand against them.  I mean we're talking about a guy that if he was on a team perennially in the playoffs would probably have gotten HOF talk.  We've basically wasted Trent Williams career languishing on crap teams.  

I also think that what Trent is doing could bring actual change to Redskins park.  Your best player taking a stand against your front office is not a good look, even for Dan Snyder.  We should be rooting for Trent, not giving him crap for not showing back up for this disgrace of a franchise.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Williams rejoins Washington with eight games left in the regular season. If Washington takes advantage of the ability to use a roster exemption for Williams, he’ll end up with fewer than eight games on the active roster. That could prompt Washington to fully utilize the roster exemption (typically, teams can use it for up to three weeks), to take the position that his contract tolls, and to force him to fight for an expansion of the Galloway case to allow him to be on the roster for less than eight regular-season games.

It ultimately could be a losing argument for Washington, but there’s no downside to giving it a try. And there’s no reason to think that Washington would take an aggressive approach aimed at keeping Williams under contract for an extra year, since that would enhance his eventual trade value in the offseason

 

from PFT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't agree with this post.  I think the majority of the league see's the Redskins organization as a joke and does not care that Trent Williams is taking a stand against them.  I mean we're talking about a guy that if he was on a team perennially in the playoffs would probably have gotten HOF talk.  We've basically wasted Trent Williams career languishing on crap teams.  

I also think that what Trent is doing could bring actual change to Redskins park.  Your best player taking a stand against your front office is not a good look, even for Dan Snyder.  We should be rooting for Trent, not giving him crap for not showing back up for this disgrace of a franchise.   

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

 

Hahahahahahahahaha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't agree with this post.  I think the majority of the league see's the Redskins organization as a joke and does not care that Trent Williams is taking a stand against them.  I mean we're talking about a guy that if he was on a team perennially in the playoffs would probably have gotten HOF talk.  We've basically wasted Trent Williams career languishing on crap teams.  

I also think that what Trent is doing could bring actual change to Redskins park.  Your best player taking a stand against your front office is not a good look, even for Dan Snyder.  We should be rooting for Trent, not giving him crap for not showing back up for this disgrace of a franchise.   

I don’t think I get it. 

If you really think Trent doing all this will help get rid of Bruce Allen, then I could see why you’d be pleased by all this (or “rooting” for him). But I don’t think this is the issue that gets Bruce canned. If anything, I think something like this (uniting against a common foe) is more likely to bring Dan and Bruce closer together, not the opposite. 

I think what gets Bruce fired is going to be the number in the loss column after this year (or next year). The numbers in the attendance column. The numbers on the ledger sheet. Not some “embarrassment” related to refusing to give in to a player on a personal strike — I think Snyder considers that a positive thing, not a black mark. 

All I see happening, from the beginning of his pathetically cryptic holdout until now, is Trent taking a course that is either intentionally designed or accidentally turning out to be a textbook example of how to torpedo one’s trade value. And now, if he reports and still doesn’t play (particularly by claiming an injury), he will just drove his value even lower. Even if it’s solely because we’re not getting the benefit of an extra year on his contract OR the benefit of actual recent game film for potential suitors to review. 

I don’t care about what’s best for Trent Williams and his career. At all. I don’t want the man to get hurt or get sick again or anything like that — but overall, when it comes to his career, it just doesn’t matter to me. I only care about the Redskins, and all I see happening is the compensation in an eventual trade getting diminished. I can’t root for that. I have to root for him to play well, prove he’s still got it, and then get the return we all hope for in trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×