Sign in to follow this  
y2lamanaki

Jimmy Garoppolo Appreciation Thread

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Wow, feel like that needs to be blasted throughout the sports world. Guy doesn’t get credit and that’s some pretty legit performance against great competition. Now, no let down with the lesser competition. Nervous that Atlanta’s a bit of a trap after the games we just had. And the Rams will definitely play tough. 

1 hour ago, straighthate said:

Wow, feel like that needs to be blasted throughout the sports world. Guy doesn’t get credit and that’s some pretty legit performance against great competition. Now, no let down with the lesser competition. Nervous that Atlanta’s a bit of a trap after the games we just had. And the Rams will definitely play tough. 

I've been saying for 2 months that the fact this team has lost so much the last two years has 'taught them the value of a win' and that we get stronger and more focused with every win. 

I still believe that. I don't think that there can be such a thing as a trap game for a team that has approached every single game like it's a playoff game this year. 

The only sloppy game we really played was Pittsburg in week 3 lol Washington too kinda but that doesn't count

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I've been saying for 2 months that the fact this team has lost so much the last two years has 'taught them the value of a win' and that we get stronger and more focused with every win. 

I still believe that. I don't think that there can be such a thing as a trap game for a team that has approached every single game like it's a playoff game this year. 

The only sloppy game we really played was Pittsburg in week 3 lol Washington too kinda but that doesn't count

Maybe trap game isn’t the right term. Hangover game? They’ve been so high 3 weeks in a row for incredibly competitive teams. I certainly could see some exhaustion making the Falcons game one that the team does not come out on fire for. 

7 hours ago, straighthate said:

Maybe trap game isn’t the right term. Hangover game? They’ve been so high 3 weeks in a row for incredibly competitive teams. I certainly could see some exhaustion making the Falcons game one that the team does not come out on fire for. 

I think the defense will be eager to prove that last game's pathetic failings were indeed an anomaly. They looked a joke and have to feel like trash. 

The offense should remain steady and effective, so long as the main weapons are healthy enough to play. 

... but who knows. It is a world filled with irony and humble pie.. and I like pie.. but humble pie less so... :/ 

8 hours ago, straighthate said:

That's fair especially considering these guys weren't home for like 10 days. 

I think the coaching staff will get these guys ready to play after a few days of hangover, as you say. So the hangover hopefully wont carry over to Sunday 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Jimmy is on pace for 336 completions, 483 attempts, 69% completion rate,  3994 passing yards,  31 TDs and 13 Tds. 

Jimmy is so awesome he has TWO stats for TDs! TDs and Tds! He so cool he has not INTs?!? That's my Jimmy G! :o

:P

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Jimmy is on pace for 336 completions, 483 attempts, 69% completion rate,  3994 passing yards,  31 TDs and 13 Tds. 

That looks very solid

16 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Jimmy is so awesome he has TWO stats for TDs! TDs and Tds! He so cool he has not INTs?!? That's my Jimmy G! :o

:P

lol whoops..ints. 

For the newly christened Jimmy Garoppolo Appreciation Thread (thank you for the great suggestion @oldman9er):

Jimmy Garoppolo has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Saints.

Why not "The NFCOPW14 Appreciation Thread"?

Or are you afraid we won't remember the reference months from now? 

6 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Why not "The NFCOPW14 Appreciation Thread"?

Or are you afraid we won't remember the reference months from now? 

I feel it's more likely we would edit the thread title with higher accolades in that time period. 

13 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I feel it's more likely we would edit the thread title with higher accolades in that time period. 

Like Super Bowl MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D B|