Teams in the QB market for 2018

Danger

There are always a handful of teams in the QB market. Who's it gonna be next year?

A few teams I'm looking at:

Arizona Cardinals (Caron Palmer) - Age, he's inconsistent at best. It might be time for them to start looking for a genuine youth movement.
Cincinnati Bengals (Andy Dalton) - Alright I'm not going to jump to conclusions but this might be the year where Cincy goes in another direction and given today's performance paired with the Dalton roller coaster we've seen over the past few years it wouldn't surprise me.
Cleveland Browns (Deshone Kizer) - You can never count Cleveland out of the QB market. Kizer will have this season to show what he can do, I have no reason to believe he's the long term answer at this point in time.
Denver Broncos (Trevor Siemian) - Osweiler, Siemian, Paxton Lynch? None of them really seem to be taking the job.
Minnesota Vikings (Sam Bradford) - He's played solidly, but he's not guaranteed to stay. Additionally he can often times be a very "passive QB" and a "Game manager"
New York Jets (Uhhhh?) - That seems pretty self explanatory.
San Fransisco 49ers (Uhhhh?) - Yeah again.
Washington Redskins (Kirk Cousins) - This one is more on whether or not Cousins decides to stay in Washington.

The only two sure shots I see are the New York Jets and San Fransisco 49ers. Then followed by the likes of Arizona, Denver, and Cleveland.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I like Kizer and don't think we will look towards a QB in the 2018 draft.

The two biggest things I saw today we're his complete lack of pocket awareness. He needs a timer in his head. And he needs to learn touch. There were a few passes (at least one woud've been a TD) that would've been completions if he didn't try to throw the ball on a rope.

Both can be fixed. I'd hope you guys stick with him for at least this year and next.

I do think Kizer will manage to justify rolling with him another season. He had some issues today, but he certainly wasn't terrible, which is a major step as far as Cleveland QBs go. Also don't forget Bridgewater for Minnesota. He's only on PUP right now, which would tend to suggest they think he'll be ready to go at some point this season.

13 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Buffalo is certainly in the mix.

While yes we are in the mix we will not have to grab a QB like some other teams on the list have to. Wr would just be in the mix because we have so many top draft picks that we can trade up and draft whomever we want. If we believe the best player in draft is a QB then we have ammo to go up and get him. But i dont think we will be im dire need to bring one in like other teams

Yeah, no idea how Jacksonville isn't on the list. Bortles 5th yr option next year is insane and unless he shows some serious progression (I don't see it, its yr 4 and he's still incredibly flawed). Chad Henne obviously isn't anything more than an OK backup at most.

Unless we sign a vet QB that hits the market/trade for a guy, no way we aren't in on a couple options if there is one that we can nab/we like.

Related question:

Chiefs have Mahomes and he is legit. Alex Smith is essentially in a contract year. Where would be a likely landing spot for a stable option, 2-3 season stop gap qb?

Better than the existing, allows other positions to develop so a tbd qbotf has more support, potential playoff berth.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

The two biggest things I saw today we're his complete lack of pocket awareness. He needs a timer in his head. And he needs to learn touch. There were a few passes (at least one woud've been a TD) that would've been completions if he didn't try to throw the ball on a rope.

Both can be fixed. I'd hope you guys stick with him for at least this year and next.

His pocket presence was actually one of his biggest strengths during the preseason. I think today he was just trying too hard to make something out of nothing. Hopefully he'll improve in that regard. He definitely showed a lot of good things today, and he also made his fair share of mistakes (like taking those sacks, overthrew a couple of guys, bad INT, etc.) Overall,  I and most Browns fans are happy with his performance today.

Archived