Offensive Coordinator Search: 2021 Edition

Kiwibrown

52 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Clearly would be the best option for Stefanski to have success.  Of course, that would be a sea change for the Vikings.  

When he gets fired in two years the Vikings can consider bringing him back. I could see it happening if Spileman's replacement is someone else from within the organization.

• Like 1

The Vikings' reunion is unsurprisingly occurring...

The Browns are also expected to hire Joe Woods as their defensive coordinator, although that will have to wait a couple of weeks for the 49ers defensive backs coach and defensive passing game coordinator to wrap up his current responsibilities.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/20/report-browns-are-expected-to-hire-bill-callahan/

15 hours ago, Hyperborean said:

I doubt Spielman leaves Minnesota any time soon.  

I doubt it as well.  I personally think he's in it for the long haul.  I don't want some Jim Finks-like situation happening, where he builds some other team (like Finks did with the Bears) into some dominant team.  I could have seen it if Paton stayed, but if he goes, Spielman maybe stays and grooms Stephenson as his future replacement.    

44 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Zimmer and other coaches "week off" should be about over. I imagine we'll start to hear some updates/candidates in regards to our own staff soon.

I wonder if they were interviewing some people down at the Senior Bowl.  

The one plus of Cleveland becoming the Lake Erie Vikings is that we won't have to face them this next year.  The Vikings aren't scheduled to play Cleveland again until 2021 (which will be at home).  I do think it's guaranteed though that we'll see them in the preseason.