Offensive Coordinator Search: 2021 Edition

Kiwibrown

38 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I didn't know that Josh McDaniels was from Ohio, just south of Cleveland it appears. Apparently his wife is attending the interview as well.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/josh-mcdaniels-wanted-browns-job-in-2019-likely-to-propose-realignment-of-team-leadership-per-report/

Well, he's certainly always been the favorite for the job, as far as I've been concerned.    

37 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’ve always got the impression that the job is his, Cleveland just needs to sell him on it. 

Never in a million years would I accept a job there. So many better opportunities if he waits another year.

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Seems like he grew up in the area, probably grew up a fan of the team. I can see why he may view it as his dream job. 

It seems like everyone that's from there wants to be "the" guy to help fix it.  It didn't work for Brady Quinn, I'm not sure it'd for McDaniels.  

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Never in a million years would I accept a job there. So many better opportunities if he waits another year.

There’s the issue. Waiting in a game that can change year to year with just injuries, is hard to justify. 

if Cousins got hurt week 2 this year, and we finished 3-13, Stefanski wouldn’t be getting another opportunity more than likely. 

11 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Hopefully Kubiak gets the OC gig here, If he wants it. Kubiak is 10 times the offensive mind Stefanski is. But I think Stefanski might end up being a better HC than OC.

That's what I'm hoping for but I have a feeling he won't want it