Week 10 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

The Trent Williams and Derrius Guice situations would've ended my fandom if I was a Redskins fan. Just absolutely insane levels of incompetence from a billion dollar organization. 

yup. Snyder and especially Bruce Allen are viciously hated by all. I'm frankly amazed that Bruce has not been assassinated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John232 said:

The Trent Williams and Derrius Guice situations would've ended my fandom if I was a Redskins fan. Just absolutely insane levels of incompetence from a billion dollar organization. 

I know about Trent but what happened with guice

I wonder if Staley’s finger had anything to do with his terrible game. To me he looked slow and weak, like his legs were the problem, but maybe he was in a lot of pain and just couldn’t focus and couldn’t get his hands in position and changed his game. I’ll admit I wasn’t necessarily watching him much throughout the game. I was just watching Jimmy run for his life from Clowney or whoever else had just slid right by Staley. 

Did they say when the injury happened?

15 minutes ago, straighthate said:

I wonder if Staley’s finger had anything to do with his terrible game. To me he looked slow and weak, like his legs were the problem, but maybe he was in a lot of pain and just couldn’t focus and couldn’t get his hands in position and changed his game. I’ll admit I wasn’t necessarily watching him much throughout the game. I was just watching Jimmy run for his life from Clowney or whoever else had just slid right by Staley. 

Did they say when the injury happened?

I also saw one of the matts tweet about a lower back issue for staley during the game. I'm sure there was a lot going on but Clowney also just had a dominant performance so he deserves the praise for that. 

9 hours ago, nayad said:

I also saw one of the matts tweet about a lower back issue for staley during the game. I'm sure there was a lot going on but Clowney also just had a dominant performance so he deserves the praise for that. 

I give Clowney credit but Staley has stifled Clowney previously when we played him. Just watch the Texans game from 2017. Though he mainly operated on the right side then, he got his pressures but he was pretty much held in checked. Staley looked like he wasn't healthy Monday night. Never seen Staley look that stiff, slow and lethargic. Even when he has had his struggles in pre-season and early on this season he was just getting beat on good moves and counters. He got OWNED by Clowney. He was physically dominated virtually all night. I dont recall him ever being that overwhelmed in a match-up. Even early on in his career. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I give Clowney credit but Staley has stifled Clowney previously when we played him. Just watch the Texans game from 2017. Though he mainly operated on the right side then, he got his pressures but he was pretty much held in checked. Staley looked like he wasn't healthy Monday night. Never seen Staley look that stiff, slow and lethargic. Even when he has had his struggles in pre-season and early on this season he was just getting beat on good moves and counters. He got OWNED by Clowney. He was physically dominated virtually all night. I dont recall him ever being that overwhelmed in a match-up. Even early on in his career. 

Staley did not look right. He was lunging and bending at the waist trying to make first contact. He looked overmatched and out of shape. Something was definitely wrong. McGlinchey looked rusty as hell. Having Clowney as his first test was not ideal. He's got Suggs with a little Chandler Jones mixed in this week, then Preston Smith with a little Z'Darius Smith mixed in next week. I hope McGlinchey, Skule, and Brunskill are ready. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, N4L said:

I know about Trent but what happened with guice

They messed up his ACL surgery and rehabilitation. He received an infection that slowed down his rehab process (though he was still ready by week 1) It was a pretty minor infection in the grand scheme, but one that should have been prevented (to my understanding).